Affidavit of unchanged status. W8ben

Santiago

Sep 23, 2016, 3:21:44 PM9/23/16
Hello,
Im a foreign person not living in the usa. The bank asked me to renew my
w8ben form, and at the bottom there is this "affidavit of unchanged status"
that has a part were it says "information contained therein remained the same
and unchanged from______ to the present". What do i have to fill in this
blank? The date I opened my account? I never change my foreing condition since
i opened it. Thanks!

--
posted from
http://www.beansmart.com/taxes/affidavit-of-unchanged-status-w8ben-44644-.htm

.

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

ira smilovitz

Sep 23, 2016, 9:18:59 PM9/23/16
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 3:21:44 PM UTC-4, Santiago wrote:
> Hello,
> Im a foreign person not living in the usa. The bank asked me to renew my
> w8ben form, and at the bottom there is this "affidavit of unchanged status"
> that has a part were it says "information contained therein remained the same
> and unchanged from______ to the present". What do i have to fill in this
> blank? The date I opened my account? I never change my foreing condition since
> i opened it. Thanks!
>
> --

I would enter the date you submitted your last W-8BEN.

Ira Smilovitz, EA

jji...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2016, 1:45:28 AM11/28/16
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 9:18:59 AM UTC+8, ira smilovitz wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 3:21:44 PM UTC-4, Santiago wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Im a foreign person not living in the usa. The bank asked me to renew my
> > w8ben form, and at the bottom there is this "affidavit of unchanged status"
> > that has a part were it says "information contained therein remained the same
> > and unchanged from______ to the present". What do i have to fill in this
> > blank? The date I opened my account? I never change my foreing condition since
> > i opened it. Thanks!
> >
> > --
>
> I would enter the date you submitted your last W-8BEN.
>
> Ira Smilovitz, EA

What if I forget the date of my last submission? Then what should I put in the blank?

carlosger...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 12:42:07 PM2/19/18
Hello Santiago,
Im a from Venezuela, I am not living in the usa. The bank CHASE asked my in the
w8ben form, at the bottom there is this "affidavit of unchanged status"
that has a part were it says "Form W-8BEN signed on ___ and that the informations and certifications contained therein remained the same.". What do i have to fill in this blank?
Thanks!

ira smilovitz

Feb 19, 2018, 1:02:08 PM2/19/18
There is no place on the actual Form W-8BEN that asks for an affidavit of unchanged status. Form W-8BEN typically expires after three years (approximately). I suspect the affidavit is Chase's way of letting you notify them that things are unchanged. You should fill the blank with the date you signed your most recent W-8BEN.

Ira Smilovitz, EA

ira smilovitz

Feb 19, 2018, 2:17:13 PM2/19/18