Question on Credit for Employer Social Security and Medicare Taxes Paid on Certain Employee Tips

ritagol...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2015, 11:25:04 PM9/4/15
Question on Credit for Employer Social Security and Medicare Taxes Paid on Certain Employee Tips Form 8846.

I have a small restaurant biz in FL. As a result I get credits via form 8846.
I understand that I can use this credit for Federal taxes.

I am a resident of CA.
Can I use it to get credit for CA taxes too when I do my state taxes?

If so, how do I go about getting this credit?
Which line do I insert this figure on the CA form 540?

Thank you in advance for your help.

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

Mark Bole

Sep 5, 2015, 5:01:24 PM9/5/15
On 2015-09-04 20:22, ritagol...@gmail.com wrote:
> Question on Credit for Employer Social Security and Medicare Taxes Paid on Certain Employee Tips Form 8846.
>
> I have a small restaurant biz in FL. As a result I get credits via form 8846.
> I understand that I can use this credit for Federal taxes.
>
> I am a resident of CA.
> Can I use it to get credit for CA taxes too when I do my state taxes?

No.

--

Mark Bole, EA
http://markboletax.com