Due Date Form 8840

Apr 21, 2017, 3:08:14 AM4/21/17
If a foreign citizen needs to file form 8840 to claim a closer connection to
a foreign country, it is apparently due by April 15 2017 for the 2016 tax
year? If the form is filed after this date, is there any additional process
required in order to get the form accepted and considered?

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

Apr 21, 2017, 8:24:03 PM4/21/17
"W" <persis...@spamarrest.com> wrote in message
> If a foreign citizen needs to file form 8840 to claim a closer connection
> a foreign country, it is apparently due by April 15 2017 for the 2016 tax
> year? If the form is filed after this date, is there any additional
process
> required in order to get the form accepted and considered?

What makes this somewhat confusing is that a lot of guides online talk about
a filing deadline for 8840 of June 15:
http://kmss.ca/_pdfs/Publications/Other-Publications/US_Filing_Requirements-Closer_Connection_Form.pdf

But the instructions for the 2016 8840 seem to imply an April 15 filing
deadline even if you are not filing 1040EZ.