IRS Chat Line?

Abby

Dec 4, 2012, 2:24:09 PM12/4/12

Does the IRS have an online chat line? We live in Costa Rica and phone
calls to the US are expensive. They have one for their website and Google
shows many non-IRS sites that claim to let you chat to an IRS agent.

Thanks,
Gary

--
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>

Alan

Dec 4, 2012, 5:45:44 PM12/4/12
On 12/4/12 12:24 PM, Abby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the IRS have an online chat line? We live in Costa Rica and phone
> calls to the US are expensive. They have one for their website and
> Google shows many non-IRS sites that claim to let you chat to an IRS agent.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

There is no live chat with the IRS for tax services.

Have you looked into making computer calls from Cost Rica to the US?
There are some companies that offer calls at less than 2 cents (USD) a
minute. All you need is a microphone and speakers.

E.g. http://www.comfi.com/calling-cards/USA/from/Costa-Rica

--
Alan
http://taxtopics.net

Abby

Dec 9, 2012, 12:49:20 PM12/9/12

"Alan" wrote in message news:k9lueb$8vo$1...@dont-email.me...

On 12/4/12 12:24 PM, Abby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the IRS have an online chat line? We live in Costa Rica and phone
> calls to the US are expensive. They have one for their website and
> Google shows many non-IRS sites that claim to let you chat to an IRS
> agent.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

There is no live chat with the IRS for tax services.

Have you looked into making computer calls from Cost Rica to the US?
There are some companies that offer calls at less than 2 cents (USD) a
minute. All you need is a microphone and speakers.

E.g. http://www.comfi.com/calling-cards/USA/from/Costa-Rica

--
Alan
http://taxtopics.net

Thanks for the link. Once we get settled here we will go in that direction.
We use Skype for friends and family and they also have a telephone service.
We have Magic Jack but it is useless right now - our phones are on a ship
somewhere in the Caribbean.

Gary

rupe...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 6:17:51 AM2/16/17
What happens if i have already sent three of my W-2's to the IRS for my refund, then i finally get the last W-2 in the mail? Will they still send me my return without my last W-2???

Arthur Rubin

Feb 16, 2017, 11:20:59 AM2/16/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 3:17:51 AM UTC-8, rupe...@gmail.com wrote:
> What happens if i have already sent three of my W-2's to the IRS for my refund, then i finally get the last W-2 in the mail? Will they still send me my return without my last W-2???

Even if the improvement in matching, W-2s are sent to the employee and the Social Security Adminstration, so the IRS won't have them yet.

Send an amended return _immediately_ after your return is processed. (If you send it before the return is processed, it will just confuse issues.)

That being said, I would think that you would know who you worked for and should receive W-2s from. You're legally responsible for reporting the income even if you don't receive the correct forms.

--
Arthur L. Rubin, AFSP, CRTP, Brea, CA

vmcgr...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2017, 1:11:30 PM3/15/17
Is there a way that I can set up a payment plan on the website

Bob Sandler

Mar 15, 2017, 1:36:43 PM3/15/17
>Is there a way that I can set up a payment plan on the website

You can set up a payment plan at the following link on the
IRS web site.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/online-payment-agreement-application

Bob Sandler