clandestine trackers in google apps

badgolferman

Nov 24, 2017, 9:47:52 AM11/24/17
RESEARCHERS AT YALE Privacy Lab and French nonprofit Exodus Privacy
have documented the proliferation of tracking software on smartphones,
finding that weather, flashlight, rideshare, and dating apps, among
others, are infested with dozens of different types of trackers
collecting vast amounts of information to better target advertising.

Exodus security researchers identified 44 trackers in more than 300
apps for Google’s Android smartphone operating system. The apps,
collectively, have been downloaded billions of times. Yale Privacy Lab,
within the university’s law school, is working to replicate the Exodus
findings and has already released reports on 25 of the trackers.

Among the Android apps identified by the researchers were, with six or
seven trackers each, dating apps Tinder and OkCupid, the Weather
Channel app, and Superbright LED Flashlight; the app for digital music
service Spotify, which embedded four trackers, including two from
Google; ridesharing service Uber, with three trackers; and Skype, Lyft,
Accuweather, and Microsoft Outlook.

https://theintercept.com/2017/11/24/staggering-variety-of-clandestine-trackers-found-in-popular-android-apps/

harry newton

Nov 24, 2017, 10:43:03 AM11/24/17
He who is badgolferman said on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 14:47:51 +0000 (UTC):

> proliferation of tracking software on smartphones,
> finding that weather, flashlight, rideshare, and dating apps, among
> others, are infested with dozens of different types of trackers
> collecting vast amounts of information to better target advertising.

The weakest link on the iOS mobile devices isn't the iOS operating system -
it's what the users themselves do with the device.

The moral of the story is not to install those privacy-leaking iOS weather
apps, rideshare apps, and dating apps on your Apple mobile device.

Or, if you do install those iOS apps on your iPhone, at least load the iOS
utility that blocks them from sharing your information with anyone else.

Jolly Roger

Nov 24, 2017, 11:59:07 AM11/24/17
On 2017-11-24, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Exodus security researchers identified 44 trackers in more than 300
> apps for Google’s Android smartphone operating system.

For posting useless tripe about Android in the iPhone news group, rather
than the Android / advocacy news groups where it belongs, you're now in
my kill file. Bye, Felicia.

*plonk*

JR

Alan Browne

Nov 24, 2017, 2:45:30 PM11/24/17
On 2017-11-24 09:47, badgolferman wrote:
<S>

Such does not belong here at all.

--
"My Twitter has become so powerful that
I can actually make my enemies tell the truth."

badgolferman

Nov 24, 2017, 7:17:09 PM11/24/17
Alan Browne wrote:

>On 2017-11-24 09:47, badgolferman wrote:
><S>
>
>Such does not belong here at all.

Did you read the article? It says the same stuff likely exists in iOS
apps as well. They just haven't checked yet because the Google apps
are so heavily infiltrated they are still looking through them.

The point of the post is to show Android is inherently less safe than
iOS because Google allows third party advertisers to install trackers
in apps.

Jolly Roger

Nov 24, 2017, 7:21:22 PM11/24/17
On 2017-11-25, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The point of the post is to show Android is inherently less safe

...which is known as trolling - confirmation that I made the right
decision in adding you to my kill file.

badgolferman

Nov 24, 2017, 7:50:31 PM11/24/17
Jolly Roger wrote:

>On 2017-11-25, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The point of the post is to show Android is inherently less safe
>
>...which is known as trolling - confirmation that I made the right
>decision in adding you to my kill file.

Then how did you see my response and why did you reply to me?

Jolly Roger

Nov 25, 2017, 12:39:12 AM11/25/17
DOY!! How on Holy Mother Earth could this happen?! Hmm... I'll take a
stab! Possibly because I choose to see posts in this thread, dimwit.
See, I use these things called "computers" to control which posts I see.
It's admittedly a complicated mess of things you might consider "magic",
but suffice it to say I won't see your posts in any other threads from
this point forward unless I happen to decide to make an exception that
happens to let me see them. Otherwise, I'm afraid exactly none of your
posts will reach my news client. And, as if by magic, I can also flip
the switch for the exception for *this* thread at any time. So *shudder*
I may not see *any* more of your posts here! Or I may!! You just don't
know!!! Alas, trolls like you deserve precisely as much.

badgolferman

Nov 25, 2017, 12:41:28 AM11/25/17
Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2017-11-25, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> ...which is known as trolling - confirmation that I made the right
>>> decision in adding you to my kill file.
>>
>> Then how did you see my response and why did you reply to me?
>
> DOY!! How on Holy Mother Earth could this happen?! Hmm... I'll take a
> stab! Possibly because I choose to see posts in this thread, dimwit.
> See, I use these things called "computers" to control which posts I see.
> It's admittedly a complicated mess of things you might consider "magic",
> but suffice it to say I won't see your posts in any other threads from
> this point forward unless I happen to decide to make an exception that
> happens to let me see them. Otherwise, I'm afraid exactly none of your
> posts will reach my news client. And, as if by magic, I can also flip
> the switch for the exception for *this* thread at any time. So *shudder*
> I may not see *any* more of your posts here! Or I may!! You just don't
> know!!! Alas, trolls like you deserve precisely as much.

Harry Newton is right about you. What a shame....

Jolly Roger

Nov 25, 2017, 12:48:14 AM11/25/17
On 2017-11-25, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Harry Newton is right about you. What a shame....

You and "Harry" are a marriage made in heaven. Enjoy your sloppy butt
sex.

*poof*

harry newton

Nov 25, 2017, 1:02:37 AM11/25/17
He who is Jolly Roger said on 25 Nov 2017 05:48:13 GMT:

> You and "Harry" are a marriage made in heaven. Enjoy your sloppy butt
> sex.

Did someone mention sloppy butt sex?

--
Snit is an incomprensibly stupid iOS apologist who can't fathom that
Android has had native screen recording with audio for *years*

Snit

Nov 25, 2017, 1:16:01 AM11/25/17
On 11/24/17, 11:02 PM, in article ovb11r$1l09$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "harry
Your tantrum continues... but thanks for going out of your way to show how
poorly Android handles a task that is simple on iOS:

* Record screen AND voice AND device sounds without jail breaking.
Also record desktop screen and sound with the time coordinated.

The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even the first
line of that:

<https://youtu.be/cywLOctCrCs>
<https://youtu.be/bYDvgoYSVSU>
<https://youtu.be/G0sKTWfHHnk>
<https://youtu.be/TfvtREsCQDY>

Those videos claim Android handles the task so poorly that to even get the
first line requires extra hardware. You even claimed the list "goes on
forever". Wow... Android is far worse at this than I thought!

And now that you get that you are having a toddler tantrum. Which I am
feeding. :)

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

Joerg Lorenz

Nov 25, 2017, 2:23:25 AM11/25/17
Am 24.11.2017 um 15:47 schrieb badgolferman:
> Exodus security researchers identified 44 trackers in more than 300
> apps for Google’s Android smartphone operating system.

Idiot.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Joerg Lorenz

Nov 25, 2017, 5:36:18 AM11/25/17
Am 25.11.17 um 06:39 schrieb Jolly Roger:
> On 2017-11-25, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> ...which is known as trolling - confirmation that I made the right
>>> decision in adding you to my kill file.
>>
>> Then how did you see my response and why did you reply to me?
>
> DOY!! How on Holy Mother Earth could this happen?! Hmm... I'll take a
> stab! Possibly because I choose to see posts in this thread, dimwit.
> See, I use these things called "computers" to control which posts I see.
> It's admittedly a complicated mess of things you might consider "magic",
> but suffice it to say I won't see your posts in any other threads from
> this point forward unless I happen to decide to make an exception that
> happens to let me see them. Otherwise, I'm afraid exactly none of your
> posts will reach my news client. And, as if by magic, I can also flip
> the switch for the exception for *this* thread at any time. So *shudder*
> I may not see *any* more of your posts here! Or I may!! You just don't
> know!!! Alas, trolls like you deserve precisely as much.

I have to tell you that killfilters work differently.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Alan Browne

Nov 25, 2017, 11:53:04 AM11/25/17
On 2017-11-24 19:17, badgolferman wrote:
> Alan Browne wrote:
>
>> On 2017-11-24 09:47, badgolferman wrote:
>> <S>
>>
>> Such does not belong here at all.
>
> Did you read the article? It says the same stuff likely exists in iOS
> apps as well. They just haven't checked yet because the Google apps

Much less likely because of Apple's murderous approach to validating
apps and the structure of iOS and its limitations on apps using various
sorts of data unless the user approves of them.

> are so heavily infiltrated they are still looking through them.
>
> The point of the post is to show Android is inherently less safe than
> iOS because Google allows third party advertisers to install trackers
> in apps.

So, go post that on an android site. They need the help ...

harry newton

Nov 25, 2017, 1:24:04 PM11/25/17
He who is Snit said on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 23:15:49 -0700:

> * Record screen AND voice AND device sounds without jail breaking.

This is the 154th time you've trolled your iOS apologist stupidity.

No wonder your very sig begs people not to realize you're an utter moron.

The fact is Snit *fabricated* completely *imaginary* iOS functionality in
that v
ideo he incessantly trolls on a half dozen newsgroups in about 30-odd
posts.
Youtube: <https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo>

Anyone with a working brain *immediately* saw what the Y axis indicated.
Android: <http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg>
<http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/fritz_wlan.jpg>
iOS: <http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg>
--
Snit is an incomprehensibly stupid iOS apologist troll who can't fathom
that Android has had native screen recording with audio for *years*!

Snit

Nov 25, 2017, 1:59:42 PM11/25/17
On 11/25/17, 11:24 AM, in article ovccg2$1coc$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "harry
newton" <ha...@is.invalid> wrote:

> He who is Snit said on Fri, 24 Nov 2017 23:15:49 -0700:
>
>> * Record screen AND voice AND device sounds without jail breaking.
>> Also record desktop screen and sound with the time coordinated.
>
> This is the 154th time you've trolled your iOS apologist stupidity.

harry newton

Nov 26, 2017, 11:00:53 AM11/26/17
He who is Snit said on Sat, 25 Nov 2017 11:59:35 -0700:

> The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even the first
> line of that:

Snit,
Far worse than Jolly Roger (who is just stupid). *You're a coward.*
And Snit - you're a *vicious coward* at that.

You attempt to endlessly pummel someone whom you feel is 'weaker' than you.
<https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo>

Even though I was just ignoring your 80 posts on your fabricated WiFi
signal strength capabilities of iOS, the illuminating fact is that when you
*thought* I was down on the ground and defenseless, you *gleefully*
reported to Davoud that you were kicking me and pummeling me into the
ground, starting with your idiotic video of self-fabricated iOS
functionality.

Likewise, as I ignored your 159 posts (and counting) of completely
fabricated Android inability to record screen video with audio, you are so
viscously happy to have finally unearthed (but only in your mind)
"something" (anything) that iOS could do that Android didn't already do.

It's not so much that you're always wrong, as most iOS apologists (like
Lewis, for example) are almost always wrong because they are too
emotionally involved in their choice of platforms.

And it's not so much that you troll incorrect fabrications, as other iOS
apologists such as nospam incessantly do.

No. What's *different* about you is the *viscous* nature of your very
being, in that you show the narcissistic tendency to truly want to *hurt*
someone who says something that you don't like.

So you incessantly repeat all your assesrtions, simply when you perceive
that the person you are attacking isn't able to defend himself.

Meanwhile, while I was just laughing at you for all those 159+80=249 posts,
at this point, I'm truly scared of you.

You are a vicious coward.
--
Snit is an iOS apologist - but at the same time, a dangerously vicious
coward who will endlessly pummel someone whom Snit feels is 'weaker'.

Snit

Nov 26, 2017, 11:46:47 AM11/26/17
On 11/26/17, 9:00 AM, in article oveofi$1d7c$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "harry
The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even part of the
stated task poorly:

nospam

Nov 26, 2017, 1:39:46 PM11/26/17
In article <xn0kxuya...@reader.albasani.net>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you read the article? It says the same stuff likely exists in iOS
> apps as well.

it doesn't, because it can't.

badgolferman

Nov 26, 2017, 4:26:28 PM11/26/17
Why can’t it? Apple may very well allow it just like Google did.

nospam

Nov 26, 2017, 5:14:05 PM11/26/17
In article <ovfbi1$lob$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Did you read the article? It says the same stuff likely exists in iOS
> >> apps as well.
> >
> > it doesn't, because it can't.
>
> Why canšt it? Apple may very well allow it just like Google did.

apple does not allow it.

apple has repeatedly stated that users are *not* the product and that
data security is a very high priority.

Lewis

Nov 26, 2017, 7:37:00 PM11/26/17
You are very confused.

--
"you'd think you could trust a horde of hungarian barbarians"

harry newton

Nov 27, 2017, 12:30:56 AM11/27/17
He who is Snit said on Sun, 26 Nov 2017 09:46:40 -0700:

> The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even part of the
> stated task poorly:

This is the 172nd time you've endlessly trolled your iOS apologist
fabrication.

Do you see yet why you prove with every post that it is unilaterally
*always* the Apple Apologists who cause these endless threads that go
nowhere?

--
Snit is a vicious endlessly repetitive iOS apologist who proves in every
post that you can't put an end to their never-ending iOS apology trolls.

Snit

Nov 27, 2017, 12:45:50 AM11/27/17
On 11/26/17, 10:30 PM, in article ovg7ue$2fb$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "harry
newton" <ha...@is.invalid> wrote:

> He who is Snit said on Sun, 26 Nov 2017 09:46:40 -0700:
>
>> The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even part of the
>> stated task poorly:
>
> This is the 172nd time you've endlessly trolled your iOS apologist
> fabrication.
>
> Do you see yet why you prove with every post that it is unilaterally
> *always* the Apple Apologists who cause these endless threads that go
> nowhere?

The videos YOU linked to showing how poorly Android handles even part of the
stated task poorly:

<https://youtu.be/cywLOctCrCs>
<https://youtu.be/bYDvgoYSVSU>
<https://youtu.be/G0sKTWfHHnk>
<https://youtu.be/TfvtREsCQDY>

Those videos claim Android handles the task so poorly that to even get the
first line requires extra hardware. You even claimed the list "goes on
forever". Wow... YOU showed Android is far worse at this than I thought!

And now that you get that you are having a very emotional toddler tantrum.

badgolferman

Nov 27, 2017, 8:45:08 AM11/27/17
Lewis wrote:

>In message <ovfbi1$lob$1...@gioia.aioe.org> badgolferman
><REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> it doesn't, because it can't.
>>>

>> Why can’t it? Apple may very well allow it just like Google did.
>
>You are very confused.

Obviously. Care to educate me?

badgolferman

Nov 27, 2017, 8:46:31 AM11/27/17
nospam wrote:

>>in iOS >> apps as well.
>> >
>> > it doesn't, because it can't.
>>
>> Why canšt it? Apple may very well allow it just like Google did.
>
>apple does not allow it.
>
>apple has repeatedly stated that users are not the product and that
>data security is a very high priority.

Didn't something like this happen with the Uber iOS app where it
continued to monitor your location?

nospam

Nov 27, 2017, 9:42:19 AM11/27/17
In article <xn0kxypc...@reader.albasani.net>, badgolferman

> >>in iOS >> apps as well.

> >> Why canąt it? Apple may very well allow it just like Google did.
> >
> >apple does not allow it.
> >
> >apple has repeatedly stated that users are not the product and that
> >data security is a very high priority.
>
> Didn't something like this happen with the Uber iOS app where it
> continued to monitor your location?

uber tried to get around apple's restrictions by geofencing apple's
campus, so when apple reviewed apps prior to being allowed on the
store, uber's tracking code would not be called and apple would not
notice anything unusual.

what uber did not anticipate was that apple is a lot smarter than they
thought and has no tolerance for sleazy apps or for user tracking.

<https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/23/15399438/apple-uber-app-store-finger
print-program-tim-cook-travis-kalanick>
The practice, called fingerprinting, is prohibited by Apple. To
prevent the company from discovering the practice, Uber geofenced
Apple headquarters in Cupertino, changing its code so that it would
be hidden from Apple Employees. Despite their efforts, Apple
discovered the activity, which led to the meeting between the two
CEOs, in which Cook told Kalanick to end the practice. If Uber didnąt
comply, Cook told him, Uberąs app would be removed from the App
Store, a move that would be a huge blow to the ride-sharing company.
According to the article, łMr. Kalanick was shaken by Mr. Cookąs
scolding, according to a person who saw him after the meeting,˛ and
ended the practice.

Lewis

Nov 27, 2017, 11:01:31 AM11/27/17
As others have pointed out, Apple does not allow these kinds of apps.
Apple is very strict on user privacy and has no problem removing
somewhat useful features (like apps having access to the network's MAC
addresses) if those features are used to track users.

tl;dr Apple probably cares more about your data and security than you
do, and goes to extraordinary lengths to protect you and your data.

--
But I been sane a long while now, and change is good.

Lewis

Nov 27, 2017, 11:05:14 AM11/27/17
In message <271120170942184878%nos...@nospam.invalid> nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> >apple does not allow it.
>> >
>> >apple has repeatedly stated that users are not the product and that
>> >data security is a very high priority.
>>
>> Didn't something like this happen with the Uber iOS app where it
>> continued to monitor your location?

> uber tried to get around apple's restrictions by geofencing apple's
> campus, so when apple reviewed apps prior to being allowed on the
> store, uber's tracking code would not be called and apple would not
> notice anything unusual.

> what uber did not anticipate was that apple is a lot smarter than they
> thought and has no tolerance for sleazy apps or for user tracking.

> <https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/23/15399438/apple-uber-app-store-finger
> print-program-tim-cook-travis-kalanick>
> The practice, called fingerprinting, is prohibited by Apple. To
> prevent the company from discovering the practice, Uber geofenced
> Apple headquarters in Cupertino, changing its code so that it would
> be hidden from Apple Employees. Despite their efforts, Apple
> discovered the activity, which led to the meeting between the two
> CEOs, in which Cook told Kalanick to end the practice. If Uber didn¹t
> comply, Cook told him, Uber¹s app would be removed from the App
> Store, a move that would be a huge blow to the ride-sharing company.
> According to the article, ³Mr. Kalanick was shaken by Mr. Cook¹s
> scolding, according to a person who saw him after the meeting,² and
> ended the practice.

That leaves out one rather important detail: Kalanick was summoned to
Cupertino by Cook. This wasn't a "meeting" in any sense of the word,
this was Cook demanding Kalanick show up so he could get yelled at and
threatened with what would have effectively been a death-penalty.

It is also quite likely that, of all the shitty things Kalanick did,
this event is the one that led to his being forced out of Uber.

--
Nothing says poor craftsmanship more than wrinkled duct tape.

harry newton

Nov 28, 2017, 10:02:58 PM11/28/17
He who is Lewis said on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:01:30 -0000 (UTC):

> As others have pointed out, Apple does not allow these kinds of apps.
> Apple is very strict on user privacy and has no problem removing
> somewhat useful features....

This is why Apple iOS devices will *never* have the app functionality of
Android mobile devices.

Snit

Nov 28, 2017, 10:05:44 PM11/28/17

badgolferman

Nov 29, 2017, 11:37:23 AM11/29/17
And also for this reason I have decided to stay with the iPhone when my
time comes for a device refresh through my employer. Protection of my
privacy and reduced functionality trumps the features Android may have.

nospam

Nov 29, 2017, 11:41:16 AM11/29/17
In article <ovmno1$1av1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And also for this reason I have decided to stay with the iPhone when my
> time comes for a device refresh through my employer. Protection of my
> privacy and reduced functionality trumps the features Android may have.

protection of privacy *is* a feature.

Harry Newton

Nov 29, 2017, 1:26:07 PM11/29/17
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:37:21 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> And also for this reason I have decided to stay with the iPhone when my
> time comes for a device refresh through my employer. Protection of my
> privacy and reduced functionality trumps the features Android may have.

I only speak fact.

There is no doubt that the Apple lovers love Apple products.

The reasons are legion (e.g., they love the colors!) but one reason will
stand out that they're NOT buying Apple product for - and that's
FUNCTIONALITY.

We already listed in a concurrent thread a hundred Android functionalities
that iOS didn't have in iOS 7 - where even if Apple added 10% of that, they
would still be behind since Android has new functionality even as Apple
tries lamely to play catch up.
Why is the iPhone/iPad one of the most successful mobile device platforms
in the market?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/x8QlA5W81Yw>

Even with a dated list, Apple will never catch up to Android in
functionality.
<http://thedroideffect.com/100-things-iphone-5s-still-cant-do-android-can/>

But colors? Yes. Apple does have nice colors. Really great colors!
Hot pink is likely your favorite. No?

The *feeling* of safety? Yup. Marketing *tells* people they're safe.
It sure does.

Of course, Apple *never* tests their releases in the real world (saying
only that the real world is "not supported"), so, of course, this happens:
<https://www.computerworld.com/article/3239047/apple-mac/what-to-do-about-apple-s-shameful-mac-security-flaw.html>

Verbatim:
"Apple seriously dropped the ball and put an unforgivable security flaw
inside macOS High Sierra... Complacency and incompetence are the biggest
computer security threats, and Apple's latest Mac security flaw seems to
combine both of these..."

And of course, we all know about Apple touting a "security fix" which they
knew to be so full of security holes that you could drive a bus through it,
only earlier this year on iOS.

So, um, yeah. Apple users do LOVE their phones.
Why?

Colors are a biggie.

Snit

Nov 29, 2017, 2:02:13 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17, 11:26 AM, in article ovmu3r$1nqp$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Harry
Newton" <harry...@iOSusersJustGiveUp.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:37:21 +0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:
>
>> And also for this reason I have decided to stay with the iPhone when my
>> time comes for a device refresh through my employer. Protection of my
>> privacy and reduced functionality trumps the features Android may have.
>
> I only speak fact.
>
> There is no doubt that the Apple lovers love Apple products.

Well, if they did not like them they would not buy them... but I use Apple
products and I absolutely do not love all of the ones they have. For
example, I think their mice are HORRIBLE.

Your claim is simply absurd.

> The reasons are legion (e.g., they love the colors!) but one reason will
> stand out that they're NOT buying Apple product for - and that's
> FUNCTIONALITY.

I buy them for the functionality they offer... hence why I do NOT use their
mice.

Once again, your claims are just flat out wrong.

Harry Newton

Nov 29, 2017, 2:50:09 PM11/29/17
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:41:16 -0500, nospam wrote:

> protection of privacy *is* a feature.

I agree with you that the iOS users don't care about actual functionality,
because what iOS users care about is *feeling* safe.

Let's forget that Apple ships unsafe releases they *know* have security
holes in them so big you can drive a bus through them (just witness what
happened earlier this year on iOS 10.x and just this week on the Mac).

The fact is that Apple doesn't test their releases for security.
Worse, they don't even support the real world.
Apple's own support site tells us the real world is "not supported".

Nobody is secure or private on any computer device, and certainly not on a
device that sends its radio waves over the air using well known protocols.

So what Apple *sells* is the mere *feeling* of security.
The user buys that mere *feeling* of security.

It's what iOS is all about. Feelings - not functionality.

Snit

Nov 29, 2017, 2:56:29 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17, 12:50 PM, in article ovn31c$td$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Harry Newton"
<harryne_wton@AlliOSusersJustGiveUp_.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:41:16 -0500, nospam wrote:
>
>> protection of privacy *is* a feature.
>
> I agree with you that the iOS users don't care about actual functionality,
> because what iOS users care about is *feeling* safe.

Most mobile malware is found on Android... almost all, in fact.

nospam

Nov 29, 2017, 3:01:00 PM11/29/17
In article <ovn31c$td$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Harry Newton
<harryne_wton@AlliOSusersJustGiveUp_.com> wrote:

> I agree with you that the iOS users don't care about actual functionality,

i never said any such thing, nor has anyone else.

Harry Newton

Nov 29, 2017, 4:15:43 PM11/29/17
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:00:59 -0500, nospam wrote:

> i never said any such thing, nor has anyone else.

You know as well as I know that the Apple iOS users *just give up* all the
time, e.g., if they want to organize the desktop the way they want, or if
they want to use widgets like a stock market widget on the lock page, or if
they want automatic phone recording or if they want hardware that has a
replaceable battery or dual internal sims or an internal microSD card or if
they want to know the unique cell id or if they want graphical display of
wifi signal strength over time, etc.

You know that there are at least a hundred "functionalities" that iOS can't
do that Android does all the time - while you can't name a single
functionality that iOS can do all by its itty bitty self that Android
doesn't already do all by its itty bitty self.

You even know that iOS can't even spit out the list of apps installed to an
editable text file WITHOUT having to do all that on a huge (by way of
comparison) desktop computer with hundreds of megabytes of bloatware - and
that's just about the *simplest* task you can ask of an operating system!

The fact that iOS is clearly not functional compared to Android, and yet
the *iOS users LOVE iPhones* simply means that functionality is not their
shtick.

Colors are their shtick.
But not functionality.

Feeling safe is their shtick.
But not actually being safe.

I only speak facts.

Snit

Nov 29, 2017, 5:12:06 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17, 2:15 PM, in article ovn81r$atr$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Harry Newton"
<harryne_wton@AlliOSusersJustGiveUp_.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:00:59 -0500, nospam wrote:
>
>> i never said any such thing, nor has anyone else.
>
> You know as well as I know that the Apple iOS users *just give up* all the
> time,

You whined I did NOT give up after literally HUNDREDS of times of my noting
an error of yours.

Now you say iOS users DO give up.

Make up your mind!

nospam

Nov 29, 2017, 6:54:59 PM11/29/17
In article <ovn81r$atr$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Harry Newton
<harryne_wton@AlliOSusersJustGiveUp_.com> wrote:

> You know as well as I know that the Apple iOS users *just give up*

i know that *you* give up.

nearly everything you claim can't be done actually *can* be done, most
of which you've been given explicit step by step instructions how.

Jolly Roger

Nov 29, 2017, 7:52:51 PM11/29/17
He's a truly sad individual. Imagine being as old as he is and being so
miserable in your life that rather than living a life like normal people
you instead literally spend hours every day trolling and belittling
complete strangers in a feeble attempt to make yourself feel better.
Fucking pathetic.

JR

Harry Newton

Nov 29, 2017, 8:22:40 PM11/29/17
On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 11:36:17 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> I have to tell you that killfilters work differently.

This is, by far, the best plonk rule ever implemented!
<http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/11/29/plonk_snit.jpg>

Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief! :)

Harry Newton

Nov 29, 2017, 8:33:26 PM11/29/17
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 18:54:58 -0500, nospam wrote:

> i know that *you* give up.

I did. I finally did *just give up*.
<http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/11/29/plonk_snit.jpg>

> nearly everything you claim can't be done actually *can* be done, most
> of which you've been given explicit step by step instructions how.

Heh heh heh ... you lie just like James Comey - so you will need us to be a
lot dumber than we are to believe that iOS can do even 90% of those 100
things that someone else listed.
<http://thedroideffect.com/100-things-iphone-5s-still-cant-do-android-can/>

My list is different from his list, since he doesn't even cover all the IOS
missing app functionality in WiFi and cellular debugging tools, nor does he
cover the lack of automatic cell phone recording, or the inability to set
up the desktop any way you want, etc.

Did you even look at the video of his top 20 things?
<https://youtu.be/uVTrazT99Ps>
Probably not as the truth is meaningless to you iOS apologists.

Everyone but the iOS apologists seem to be aware that iOS is crippled in
functionality compared to Android.

I speak only valid verified fact. See links above for details.

Snit

Nov 29, 2017, 8:57:52 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17, 6:22 PM, in article ovnmgs$142h$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Harry
You have been crying ever since I noted how YOU showed Android to be behind
iOS in at least one area.

Snit

Nov 29, 2017, 8:58:10 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17, 6:22 PM, in article ovnmgs$142h$1...@gioia.aioe.org, "Harry
Newton" <harryne_wton@AlliOSusersJustGiveUp_.com> wrote:

Hey, you do not push the "Everyone is Snit" gag. I commend you for that!