Warren Buffett on Charlie Rose

Lubow

May 13, 2012, 1:42:39 PM5/13/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVOn371TCPo

Lubow's take:
For an investor or for any citizen this is a useful way to spend 51 minutes
of your time.

Comment:
The GOP seems to believe that the best way to get poor people working harder
is to take away from them while the best way to get rich people working
harder is to give them more.

Points made by Buffett:
-- Top 400 earners have had their incomes quintupled since 1992.... "this
has become a nation of haves, have-nots and super haves."

-- In the US we have $48,000 per capita GDP

-- The US Treasury receives $800B in payroll tax vs. $900B in income tax

-- Average tax rate in the BH Omaha office ranges from 33 to 41 percent
while Buffett's rate is 17%. This includes P/R tax

-- "high [tax] rates are falling on the middle class."

On the notion that higher tax rates will cause rich folks not to invest:
-- "I have worked with investors for sixty years -- small ones, large ones ,
super-large ones. I have worked with capital gains rates of 39.9% and 35%
and 25%. "If I call you in the middle of the night, Charlie, and I say
,'Charlie, I have this hot investment idea.' Your reaction is not to say,
'no matter what the tax rate forget it. I'm going back to sleep because
capital gains tax rates are too high.' No. What you're going to do is say,
'Tell me the name quick, Warren, before you change your mind.'"

-- "People need to be educated on what fellows like me are paying in
taxes... but this is the time to do it... When people are educated their
leaders in Congress will follow through. I think some members of Congress
don't understand that... I don't need a tax shelter. I have the US
Congress. They're taking care of me."

-- "When housing starts getting back to a million units [annually]
unemployment will fall off dramatically." Expects housing inventory to drop
by 2013. "The good part is that we have more households getting formed than
we're building homes."

-- Since the US was formed we have had fifteen recessions but this was the
worst because it directly impacted families' biggest asset.

-- Exports as a percentage of GDP have increased over the last four years.

Tony

May 13, 2012, 4:56:09 PM5/13/12
Buffett is a big bag fulla bullshit. If i or Kadaitcha Man were to debate him
he'd run out the nearest exit in tears with poop or piss running down his leg.
--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
the job for potty mouth,

Bur-ring, i'll get this one: WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM JERK!!? We're here to help you
dickweed, ok, ok give the power cord the jiggily piggily wiggily all the while
pushing the power button repeatedly now take everything out of your computer
except the power supply and *one* stick of ram. Ok get the next sucker on the
phone.

Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR (Deirdre McFibber)

There's the employer and the employee and the FROGGER and the FROGEE, which one
are you?

El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar (I just got EL-FROG-OED!!)

I hate them both, With useless bogus bullshit you need at least *three* fulltime
jobs to afford either one of them

I'm a fulltime text *only* man on usenet now. The rest of the world downloads
the binary files not me i can't afford thousands of dollars a month

VBB = Volume based billing. How many bytes can we shove down your throat and out
your arse sir?

UBB = User based bullFROGGING

Always do incremental backups of your data or you'll end up like the arseholes
at DSL Reports. Justin says i made a boo-boo. Yeah boo-who.

Adrian "jackpot" Lewis is a mama's boy!

realm of understandability

This sig file was compiled via my journeys through usenet

Lubow

May 13, 2012, 6:45:26 PM5/13/12

"Tony" <To...@TheDeli.Sandwich> wrote in message
> Buffett is a big bag fulla bullshit. If i or Kadaitcha Man were to debate
> him
> he'd run out the nearest exit in tears with poop or piss running down his
> leg.

That's an interesting comment because in the interview with Charlie Rose,
Buffett said exactly that:

"If that genius and highly successful investor Tony from Canada debates me I
would poop in my pants. After all, next to Dragon Fodder and Bill Reid,
Tony from Canada is the most intelligent person posting on the Internet."

And that's what Buffett said.

VOTE Arnold Glickman President of OCD Party

May 13, 2012, 6:48:51 PM5/13/12
Buffetthater and entire world outside of lubow take . . . .

Warren is a senators son, he is out of touch and suffering from some
degree of mental illness.
"Average Investor turned billionaire"? His father was a fucking
Senator, Jr used daddy to pull
strings and enrich himsellf.

And the old fucker should just stfu, his stock is down 30% in a
roaring market and criminals within
his org committed crimes that are going unpunished (insider buys)
because of his stranglehold on
the lousy, useless, arab appointed, half black foisted into office of
Prez.

Did daBuff talk about criminal charges and him being a coconspirator
to the frontrunning, did he
discuss anything important, of how he is disassembling american and
canuck industry and
sending it to china piece by piece?

My blood =boils, in france that old POS would be tried for treason to
the republic of the brave.

Viva le France, fuck Warren the Traitor.
Eat the rich!!!

Tony

May 13, 2012, 7:31:01 PM5/13/12
I think i get that pbs channel in Canada. Buffett can sit on his tuffet.

Jared

May 14, 2012, 6:49:48 AM5/14/12
Why exactly is the long term capital gains rate flat?

It seems to me that a fair way to tax long term capital gains would be
to take the profit over inflation and tax it at the regular income rate.

--
Jared

d.

May 14, 2012, 9:45:18 AM5/14/12
That sounds quite reasonable but would be even more tax complication
and be dependent on the definition of inflation which is problematic.

Lubow

May 14, 2012, 9:57:23 AM5/14/12

"d." <d...@noospam.com> wrote in message

>>Why exactly is the long term capital gains rate flat?
>>
>>It seems to me that a fair way to tax long term capital gains would be
>>to take the profit over inflation and tax it at the regular income rate.
>>
>>--
>>Jared
>
> That sounds quite reasonable but would be even more tax complication
> and be dependent on the definition of inflation which is problematic.

I think there is something to be said about using the tax laws to encourage
long term investment.

However, stating that jobs get created and investments are made based on the
tax rate is total bullcrap. It's just another way of saying the poor need to
be punished and the rich need to be enriched.

d.

May 14, 2012, 3:36:51 PM5/14/12
"Lubow" <dynami...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"d." <d...@noospam.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>>Why exactly is the long term capital gains rate flat?
>>>
>>>It seems to me that a fair way to tax long term capital gains would be
>>>to take the profit over inflation and tax it at the regular income rate.
>>>
>>>--
>>>Jared
>>
>> That sounds quite reasonable but would be even more tax complication
>> and be dependent on the definition of inflation which is problematic.
>>
>I think there is something to be said about using the tax laws to encourage
>long term investment.

Yes, I agree with that.

>However, stating that jobs get created and investments are made based on the
>tax rate is total bullcrap. It's just another way of saying the poor need to
>be punished and the rich need to be enriched.

I agree with that too. Unfortunately there is a cadre of people who
grew up and enjoyed all the good times and now think they are too
priveliged to help pay the piper. They would just as soon leave the
country and I say good riddance. Just don't let them pass change the
law so they can flee tax-free, which they are trying to do.

d.

May 14, 2012, 3:40:16 PM5/14/12
Too bad our resident syntax/spelling enforcer can't post now.
She'd have fun with that.

momarch

May 14, 2012, 5:04:39 PM5/14/12
to d...@noospam.com
I am actually a pretty horrible speller....its the your and their variations that irk me...prolly due to a 5th grade teacher pounding it into our heads because it was one of her major pet peeves. You know...one of those stupid little ocdish things we all have ;)

Frank Kafka

May 14, 2012, 10:25:25 PM5/14/12
A leftist on a leftist show reported by another leftist.

On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:42:39 -0400, "Lubow" <dynami...@hotmail.com>

ausound

May 15, 2012, 11:28:15 AM5/15/12
momarch <moma...@gmail.com> wrote in

> one of those stupid little ocdish things we all have ;)

one of those stupid little cdo -ish things... let's keep it alphabetical
shall we?

momarch

May 15, 2012, 4:34:45 PM5/15/12
I've seen the tee shirt:
"I have CDO..its like OCD but in alphabetical order like it SHOULD BE!"