Only Mass Deportation Can Save America

Leroy N. Soetoro

Jun 17, 2017, 3:05:04 PM6/17/17
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/opinion/only-mass-deportation-can-save-
america.html

In the matter of immigration, mark this conservative columnist down as
strongly pro-deportation. The United States has too many people who don’t
work hard, don’t believe in God, don’t contribute much to society and
don’t appreciate the greatness of the American system.

They need to return whence they came.

I speak of Americans whose families have been in this country for a few
generations. Complacent, entitled and often shockingly ignorant on basic
points of American law and history, they are the stagnant pool in which
our national prospects risk drowning.

On point after point, America’s nonimmigrants are failing our country.
Crime? A study by the Cato Institute notes that nonimmigrants are
incarcerated at nearly twice the rate of illegal immigrants, and at more
than three times the rate of legal ones.

Educational achievement? Just 17 percent of the finalists in the 2016
Intel Science Talent Search — often called the “Junior Nobel Prize” — were
the children of United States-born parents. At the Rochester Institute of
Technology, just 9.5 percent of graduate students in electrical
engineering were nonimmigrants.

Religious piety — especially of the Christian variety? More illegal
immigrants identify as Christian (83 percent) than do Americans (70.6
percent), a fact right-wing immigration restrictionists might ponder as
they bemoan declines in church attendance.

Business creation? Nonimmigrants start businesses at half the rate of
immigrants, and accounted for fewer than half the companies started in
Silicon Valley between 1995 and 2005. Overall, the share of nonimmigrant
entrepreneurs fell by more than 10 percentage points between 1995 and
2008, according to a Harvard Business Review study.

Nor does the case against nonimmigrants end there. The rate of out-of-
wedlock births for United States-born mothers exceeds the rate for
foreign-born moms, 42 percent to 33 percent. The rate of delinquency and
criminality among nonimmigrant teens considerably exceeds that of their
immigrant peers. A recent report by the Sentencing Project also finds
evidence that the fewer immigrants there are in a neighborhood, the
likelier it is to be unsafe.

And then there’s the all-important issue of demographics. The race for the
future is ultimately a race for people — healthy, working-age, fertile
people — and our nonimmigrants fail us here, too. “The increase in the
overall number of U.S. births, from 3.74 million in 1970 to 4.0 million in
2014, is due entirely to births to foreign-born mothers,” reports the Pew
Research Center. Without these immigrant moms, the United States would be
faced with the same demographic death spiral that now confronts Japan.

Bottom line: So-called real Americans are screwing up America. Maybe they
should leave, so that we can replace them with new and better ones:
newcomers who are more appreciative of what the United States has to
offer, more ambitious for themselves and their children, and more willing
to sacrifice for the future. In other words, just the kind of people we
used to be — when “we” had just come off the boat.

O.K., so I’m jesting about deporting “real Americans” en masse. (Who would
take them in, anyway?) But then the threat of mass deportations has been
no joke with this administration.

On Thursday, the Department of Homeland Security seemed prepared to extend
an Obama administration program known as Deferred Action for Childhood
Arrivals, or DACA, which allows the children of illegal immigrants — some
800,000 people in all — to continue to study and work in the United
States. The decision would have reversed one of Donald Trump’s ugly
campaign threats to deport these kids, whose only crime was to have been
brought to the United States by their parents.

Yet the administration is still committed to deporting their parents, and
on Friday the D.H.S. announced that even DACA remains under review —
another cruel twist for young immigrants wondering if they’ll be sent back
to “home” countries they hardly ever knew, and whose language they might
barely even speak.

Beyond the inhumanity of toying with people’s lives this way, there’s also
the shortsightedness of it. We do not usually find happiness by driving
away those who would love us. Businesses do not often prosper by firing
their better employees and discouraging job applications. So how does
America become great again by berating and evicting its most energetic,
enterprising, law-abiding, job-creating, idea-generating, self-multiplying
and God-fearing people?

Because I’m the child of immigrants and grew up abroad, I have always
thought of the United States as a country that belongs first to its
newcomers — the people who strain hardest to become a part of it because
they realize that it’s precious; and who do the most to remake it so that
our ideas, and our appeal, may stay fresh.

That used to be a cliché, but in the Age of Trump it needs to be explained
all over again. We’re a country of immigrants — by and for them, too.
Americans who don’t get it should get out.

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

Nathan Hale

Jun 17, 2017, 5:54:05 PM6/17/17

Byker

Jun 17, 2017, 6:21:03 PM6/17/17
"Leroy N. Soetoro" wrote in message

> O.K., so I’m jesting about deporting “real Americans” en masse. (Who would
> take them in, anyway?)

Who would take in the op-ed writer?

C'mon, you know that hate-Whitey rant is just about to burst out. Let 'er
go!!

Seriously, though, if Americans have become fat, lazy and stupid it's only
because we've followed liberal prescriptions for the last 50 years or
more...