Time for Trump to keep his promises: DACA is unconstitutional and bad for American workers

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 27, 2017, 6:46:47 PM8/27/17
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/25/time-for-trump-to-keep-his-
promises-daca-is-unconstitutional-and-bad-for-american-workers.html

Ten states may soon sue President Trump -- for treating illegal immigrants
too leniently.

Texas attorney general Ken Paxton and nine other state attorneys general
plan to file suit against the Trump administration unless it ends the
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program by September 5.

DACA, a program established under President Obama, grants work permits and
an official reprieve from deportation to over 750,000 illegal immigrants
who came to the United States as minors.

President Trump lambasted DACA as unconstitutional on the campaign trail.
He vowed to end it on Day One of his administration. But thus far, he has
kept the program in place -- even though federal courts have found DACA to
be an illegal overreach of executive authority, and the Trump
Administration already ended a companion program that granted reprieves
and work permits to parents of DACA recipients.

The Constitution gives Congress -- not the president -- the authority to
determine who may legally enter and reside in the United States.

It's time for President Trump to fulfill his vow. DACA is flagrantly
unconstitutional. And it hurts vulnerable American workers.

The Constitution gives Congress -- not the president -- the authority to
determine who may legally enter and reside in the United States. One year
before enacting DACA, President Obama himself explained "With respect to
the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order,
that's just not the case, because there are laws on the books that
Congress has passed."

But President Obama and his lawyers found what they thought was a clever
way around this constitutional barrier. DACA, they said, doesn't give
permanent legal residency to illegal aliens. It merely makes them a very,
very low priority for deportation. Such a low priority, in fact, that all
750,000 illegal aliens who signed up for the program would receive an
official card instructing Immigration and Customs Enforcement not to
deport them unless they committed multiple criminal offenses.

It's highly questionable whether the executive branch has this much leeway
to selectively enforce Congress' immigration laws. Fifth Circuit Court of
Appeals Judge Andrew Hanen, who issued an injunction freezing an expansion
of the DACA program in 2015, explained that, "DHS cannot reasonably claim
that, under a general delegation to establish enforcement policies, it can
establish a blanket policy of non-enforcement that also awards legal
presence and benefits to otherwise removable aliens."

Even supporters of amnesty for illegal aliens agree DACA is
unconstitutional. In December, Senator Lindsay Graham tweeted, "In my
view, the DACA Executive Order issued by President Obama was
unconstitutional and President-elect Trump would be right to repeal it."
For reference, Sen. Graham has sponsored the DREAM Act, a bill that would
give U.S. citizenship to illegal aliens who came here as children.

Even if the executive branch did have authority to exempt an entire class
of people from deportation, DACA would still be unconstitutional. That's
because the president doesn't have the authority to hand out work permits
to illegal aliens. As Judge Hanen noted, "Exercising prosecutorial
discretion...does not also entail bestowing benefits."

Legal arguments aside, the DACA program hurts American workers.

An alarming number of American workers without college degrees are
struggling to find work. In the first quarter of 2017, nearly four in ten
native-born 18 to 29-year olds without college degrees were either
unemployed or not in the labor force.

Illegal immigration exacerbates these young Americans' struggles by
increasing the number of people competing for a limited supply of lower-
skilled and entry-level jobs. Over the past 20 years, illegal aliens
without high school degrees have inflated the low-skill U.S. workforce by
approximately 22 percent.

The excess of low-skilled workers means companies don't need to raise
wages to fill positions. Native-born workers without a high school degree
would earn nearly $800 more annually if there were no illegal immigration.

The burdens of illegal immigration disproportionately fall on American
minorities. Harvard Kennedy School economics professor George Borjas'
explains that "Because a disproportionate percentage of immigrants have
few skills, it is low-skilled American workers, including many blacks and
Hispanics, who have suffered most from this wage dip."

Put simply, our most economically vulnerable citizens have the most to
lose if President Trump preserves the DACA program.

President Trump repeatedly vowed to end DACA to protect American workers
and the rule of law. It's time for him to follow through on this promise.

Bruce C. Perryman, Ph.D., is a retired member of the U.S. Air Force and
served as president of two community colleges in Colorado and Minnesota.

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

The World According To Garp.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he was in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood queer
liberal democrat donors.

Mitchell Holman

Aug 27, 2017, 10:26:07 PM8/27/17
"Leroy N. Soetoro" <leroys...@bho-rejected.com> wrote in

> http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/25/time-for-trump-to-keep-his-
> promises-daca-is-unconstitutional-and-bad-for-american-workers.html
>
> Ten states may soon sue President Trump -- for treating illegal
> immigrants too leniently.
>
> Texas attorney general Ken Paxton and nine other state attorneys
> general plan to file suit against the Trump administration unless it
> ends the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program by September
> 5.
>
> DACA, a program established under President Obama, grants work permits
> and an official reprieve from deportation to over 750,000 illegal
> immigrants who came to the United States as minors.
>
> President Trump lambasted DACA as unconstitutional on the campaign
> trail. He vowed to end it on Day One of his administration. But thus
> far, he has kept the program in place -- even though federal courts
> have found DACA to be an illegal overreach of executive authority, and
> the Trump Administration already ended a companion program that
> granted reprieves and work permits to parents of DACA recipients.
>
> The Constitution gives Congress -- not the president -- the authority
> to determine who may legally enter and reside in the United States.
>
> It's time for President Trump to fulfill his vow. DACA is flagrantly
> unconstitutional.

Not until the Supreme Court says so, it ain't.

Leper

Aug 28, 2017, 1:39:34 AM8/28/17
Nope , The constitution says so...The American people say so.. Comrade
get your Commy ass out of America.

--
Machiavelli wrote:It is necessary for the state to deal in lies and half
truths,