A Toyota makes you dumb; a bicycle makes you smart

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 9:50:34 AM4/18/10
Notice there's no nagging mosquito or teasing here, just one direct
and overwhelming statement that proves once and for all there's no
such thing as "Toyota quality." If there was, they would dominate the
European market too, and the reality is they only control 5% of the
market and losing ground.

And then the "rules & regulations" (whoever in government sets them to
be impassable) make it nearly a pain to bring in, say, a Fiat or
Renault. And don't tell me (because I heard it before) they are no
good. The proof is that they outsell, outsmart Toyota.

***

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
moving” -Albert Einstein

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"A Toyota makes you dumb; a bicycle makes you smart. I still enjoy
driving a Miata though"

Forrest Hodge

Apr 18, 2010, 1:36:28 PM4/18/10
On 4/18/2010 9:50 AM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:
> Notice there's no nagging mosquito or teasing here, just one direct
> and overwhelming statement that proves once and for all there's no
> such thing as "Toyota quality." If there was, they would dominate the
> European market too, and the reality is they only control 5% of the
> market and losing ground.
>
> And then the "rules& regulations" (whoever in government sets them to

> be impassable) make it nearly a pain to bring in, say, a Fiat or
> Renault. And don't tell me (because I heard it before) they are no
> good. The proof is that they outsell, outsmart Toyota.
>
> ***
>
> “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
> moving” -Albert Einstein

> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> "A Toyota makes you dumb; a bicycle makes you smart. I still enjoy
> driving a Miata though"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Didn't Fiat and Renault both leave the U.S. market in shame about 30
years ago? Seems that they had problems building cars that didn't break
down if looked at them wrong. I'm sure their newer cars cars are better,
but here in the U.S. most people (myself included) do not want a tiny
hatchback with a diesel or 1.2L petrol engine. Such car would be
unsuitable for my needs.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 18, 2010, 2:21:53 PM4/18/10
On Apr 18, 1:36 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 9:50 AM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:
>

> > Notice there's no nagging mosquito or teasing here, just one direct
> > and overwhelming statement that proves once and for all there's no
> > such thing as "Toyota quality." If there was, they would dominate the
> > European market too, and the reality is they only control 5% of the
> > market and losing ground.
>
> > And then the "rules& regulations" (whoever in government sets them to

> > be impassable) make it nearly a pain to bring in, say, a Fiat or
> > Renault. And don't tell me (because I heard it before) they are no
> > good. The proof is that they outsell, outsmart Toyota.
>
> > ***
>
> > “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep
> > moving” -Albert Einstein

> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "A Toyota makes you dumb; a bicycle makes you smart. I still enjoy
> > driving a Miata though"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> Didn't Fiat and Renault both leave the U.S. market in shame about 30
> years ago? Seems that they had problems building cars that didn't break
> down if looked at them wrong. I'm sure their newer cars cars are better,
> but here in the U.S. most people (myself included) do not want a tiny
> hatchback with a diesel or 1.2L petrol engine. Such car would be
> unsuitable for my needs.

Still let the buyer pick and choose, not the nanny state tell you
what's safe or not. By the way, bicycles, scooters, motorcycles and
*SUVs* do not meet those standards.

What the Europeans did NOT do is dumb down their cars to suit the
American dumb drivers.

Forrest Hodge

Apr 18, 2010, 3:41:51 PM4/18/10
There's nothing keeping them from selling those cars here these days.
Euro NCAP and emissions standards are about the same, and in some cases
more stringent than the saftey/emissions standards here, that's a not a
problem. The problem is that Americans aren't willing to pay $22-25k for
small, slow car. Look at the new Focus RS. It's a nice car, but if Ford
were to import to the U.S. it would cost 35k USD, not many people are
willing to shell out that kind of money for a Focus, especially when you
can buy a faster and arguably better-looking Mustang GT for less.

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 18, 2010, 4:05:39 PM4/18/10
On Apr 18, 3:34 pm, Conscience <nobama@göv.com> wrote:
> On 2010-04-18 11:05:07 -0700, "TibetanMonkey,
> the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> said:
>
> >> <g> That reminds me of someone I knew years ago that said his driving
> >> a Saab 900 got him chicks.
>
> >> A Saab.
>
> > A Saab was for those who dared to be different.
>
> By that "reasoning", chicks would be flocking to those attending Star
> Trek conventions, wearing Klingon make-up.

Do you think Dutch girls who are proud of their bikes will wet their
panties when they see an American cowboy in SUV?

I think it's all a matter of perspective.

Forrest Hodge

Apr 18, 2010, 5:19:37 PM4/18/10
On 4/18/2010 4:05 PM, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
I'm not sure why you have such a hard on for dumping on SUV's.
Apparently you're a bicycle enthusiast, you get hit by anything other
than another bike or a pedestrian, it's not really going matter what it
is. Smart will plow over/through at 50 MPH, just as easy as a Tahoe will.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 5:24:21 PM4/18/10

The Focus was a big hit, and changed Toyota dumb cars forever. Now
Smart is making them come up with an IQ...

But it's NOT all about emissions is also about little details like
safety beams on doors, which get defeated by SUV's higher bumpers
anyway.

Don't you find it a little strange you can't get European cars other
than the official ones, not even if you want to bring one on your own?

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 5:43:38 PM4/18/10

Perhaps they are too wide and driven recklessly, almost certainly
PHONE IN HAND?

As a matter of fact, I don't stand much of a chance in a regular car
given the high bumpers of the SUV, meant for the jungle, not for city
traffic.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 6:01:43 PM4/18/10
Why can't we have a road system like in Germany where there's room for
the super fast and super slow, like cyclists?

Not super fast all the time, just in certain areas, where the SUVs are
restricted to 70 miles, and where we enforce the passing lanes?

Is that something so smart that only the Germans can accomplish? Are
we doomed with IDIOCRACY?

Good movie, by the way.

Forrest Hodge

Apr 18, 2010, 8:06:08 PM4/18/10
No not really because of my three vehicles two were never sold in
Europe, and one actually is European, though it's marque has given up on
makingcars, they're back to making motorcycles. The only European cars
that are currently in production that I find desirable ( re: rear wheel
drive, and 300+ HP) are sold in the U.S. anyway. If the automakers
thought they could sell they econobox euro models over here they would,
and indeed some are on the way, Ford is bringing over the Fiesta, GM is
bringing over some small Opels and Chrysler is rumored to be bring over
the Fiat 500.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 8:51:41 PM4/18/10

Go for it then. The French would have said, "Vive la liberte!" and it
was about time. I like little cars though. Not even a Mercedes makes
me drool like Fiat 500. Open top is even better.

Now WE NEED SAFE ROADS, and voila!

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 18, 2010, 9:30:48 PM4/18/10
Look at this list of "car of the year" nominations and count the ones
you can find in America...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/109062320073/2010-european-car-of-the-year-nominations-announced/lowphotos#0

Perhaps the Citroen Picasso is the most unique.

Don Klipstein

Apr 18, 2010, 10:33:04 PM4/18/10
In <0d5edd9e-1172-4cf4...@x3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

At times I wonder if some municipal priorities are influenced by trial
lawyer lobbies, especially in Philadelphia.

Usually in USA, corporate interests get to be blamed for a lot of $#!+,
whereby they lobby for less regulation and lobby for lower enforcement
budgets against the regulations that they unsoccessfully lobby against
or otherwise looser applications of the regulations, with some spectacular
examples of "Big Pharma" doing things that bring on lawsuits.

But in Philadelphia, I see lack of enforcement of many basic traffic
laws, such as those wanting to go faster to stay to their left among
multiple lanes. To a lesser but significant example, I see poor
enforcement of many traffic laws in nearby suburbs, as evidenced by people
using a turning lane (marked as requiring accomplishment of the turn) as
a passing lane without turning.

In Philadelphia, a spectacular non-enforcement intersection is 38th and
Chestnut. Outside of specific posted weekday morning peak hours, the
right lane of the 3 lanes (branching to 4 to provide a left turn lane) on
the one-way-eastbound Chestnut is required to turn right. (I suspect
buses stopping to load/unload passengers are exempted even though not
posted as exempted.)

This requirement to make a right turn to southbound 38th if in the right
lane of Chestnut approaching 38th outside certain hours is posted twice in
the second half of the block of Chestnut approaching 38th.

Chestnut from 38th onward to 34th only has 2 traffic lanes, not counting
the lane to the right of those two that becomes a traffic lane during the
above-mentioned weekday morning peak hour times when parking there is
prohibited in order to make that lane a vehiclar traffic lane.

The "right curb lane" of Chestnut from 38th to 34th is extra-wide, and
has markings painted onto it at the beginning of each of the 3 blocks of
that lane (35th does not exist at Chestnut) so as to indicate that only
2 lanes are available for motor vehicle usage during the times when the
right curb lane allows parking.

(OK, I won't bitch out motorcyclists for using that area along with
bikes.)

Keep in mind that Philadelphia is in Pennsylvania, which has a law
against passing on the right, with common enforcement/judicial practice to
exempt passing of obstacles as opposed to motorists moving along as fast
as they can within the law. PA vehicle code even overtly allows passing
to the right at an intersection when the vehicle(s) being passed are
making/attempting/signalling a left turn. I don't see left-turning to
be done by vehicles in the most-rightward of the 3 lanes in Chestnut
immediately before 38th that lack requirement to achieve a right turn.

At times I get suspicious of lobbying political groups making
Philadelphia more of a jungle than that city has to be, in part from
Philadelphia having "generous juries" (in my words).

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 18, 2010, 10:39:49 PM4/18/10
On Apr 18, 10:33 pm, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:
> In <0d5edd9e-1172-4cf4-abe2-6d3d620e9...@x3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

Oh, no doubt it is more of a jungle than it has to be. Too much
emphasis on speed and DUI's, and everything else goes, such as...

On Apr 18, 9:44 pm, First Post <LyingLefti...@reInvalid.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 18:12:47 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,

> >Only in America, I guess. Maybe in Nigeria too if you got a lot of
> >money.
>
> Anywhere in the world that has cell service available.
> If you think Europeans, Japanese, Australians etc don't drive and talk
> on their phones at the same time then you are a very naive individual.

Really? First you have to make it illegal, then tell the cops to go
hunting.

Do you let DUI's run loose?

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 10:35:32 AM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 9:26 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 9:57 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:
>
> > On Apr 18, 11:09 pm, "Fred C. Dobbs"<fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
> > wrote:

> >> You hate liberty. Why?
>
> > Liberty takes laws and regulations so the law of the jungle doesn't
> > prevail.
>
> False. Laws and regulations constrain liberty. You prefer laws and
> regulations to liberty across the board. Why?

Libertarians crave for the Autobahn for America. You must be fellow
travelers of the COMMUNIST PARTY faking to be patriots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwL7W6gAx5E

You communists always hated Germany anyway. Notice the BIKE PATH on
the right. I made my point, comrades!

Charmin

Apr 19, 2010, 10:37:05 AM4/19/10

The reason is that he is not gainfully employed and has no resources
to do more than ride a bike.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 11:06:06 AM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 10:47 am, First Post <LyingLefti...@reInvalid.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:33:39 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
> Notice the carnage on the Autobahn "comrade"
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitmqUwtukc
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdH-J6UoYI&feature=related
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI7vWUIgZiE&feature=related
>
> Liberal trolls, stupider than most.

Notice the carnage here, fellow traveler...

(or are you a lawyer?)

'It's No Accident: The Real Story Behind Senseless Death and Injury on
Our Roads'

David Townsend, Tia’s father, gave me a copy of “It’s No Accident”
this spring, nearly a year after my son Dominick was hit in a Seattle
crosswalk. Your book told our family’s story and the stories of so
many other families of pedestrian victims – from the devastating news,
to the insurance companies, to meetings with the local county and city
prosecutor’s offices.

Your book helped me understand that $490 fines and no drivers
education or loss of license for the drivers in these deadly crashes
are the norm. That deadly crosswalks like the one where Dominick was
run over frequently are left by the cities with no lights, no traffic
calming, no sign of the lives lost there. Before I read your book I
thought it was perhaps just our family or just Seattle and King
County.

We are so blessed that Dominick lived and is recovering steadily –
recovering from traumatic brain injury is a long long road. We are
appalled to see all the families we know now who have lost a child or
are trying so hard to restore their child after being hit by a car.

Lisa, thank you for putting together the stories and the statistics
into such a powerful book. I have bought copies to give to some of our
community and state leaders. I hope that your speaking schedule brings
you out to Washington. I think it would be so very important for our
local and state leaders to hear from you.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/its-no-accident-the-real-story-behind-senseless-death-and-injury-on-our-roads/313110

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 11:08:01 AM4/19/10

In the Era of Globalization all you think about is MONEY. You believe
there's no idealism or place for bikes. Well, you are wrong across the
board: I drive a Lexus --older and boring-- but still a Lexus. Chew on
this.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 11:18:31 AM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 11:09 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> You were talking about the autobahns, Comrade Shitbag, not American
> highways.
>
> Why do you hate liberty, comrade?

Oh c'mon, don't try playing mind games with the wise monkey...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/skatesnow67/3_013.jpg

"This is the book that Federal, State and local bureaucracies, along
with the insurance companies and automobile manufacturers, don't want
you to read.... The book that dares to expose why America has failed
to save lives on the road, and how Germany has reduced the number of
people killed on its roadways by almost 70 percent over the last
thirty years, in spite of 100+ mph speeds on its Autobahn freeway
network."

http://americanautobahn.piratenews.org/

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 11:26:14 AM4/19/10
You think "they" want you to have safe roads? Look at their faces,
names, hints and clues... and be honest:

http://www.robertrubenstein.com/?gclid=CKad8-GFk6ECFRwtswodUiQNOQ

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS:

"The Vultures benefit from the Jungle"

TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu

Apr 19, 2010, 11:33:10 AM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 11:26 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> You're not wise. You're an exceptionally untalented troll, Comrade Shitbag.
>
> Why do you hate liberty, comrade? Why do you hate liberty, yet remain
> in South Florida leeching off your productive superiors who successfully
> compete?

Ah yes, I may slow down the lawyers and other movers and shakers...

So what, I can't ride my beautiful bikes! The monkeys go around here
riding their crappy bikes on the sidewalks, and that's submissive
behavior, which is not acceptable to a Holy TibetanMonkey.

You know a saying of mine? "KISS MY HOLY ASS!"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 1:08:09 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 12:52 pm, "charlesgrozny" <n5...@sprynet.com> wrote:
> "Hachiroku" <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote in message

> > So, this time, don't go into a dealer looking for a sporty car. It'll
> > take them a few years to get the performance up after tweaking the
> > economy.
>
> > Oh, and expect the higher mileage cars to be made of cardboard.
>
> So they ARE bringing back the Trabant? <SEG>

I'd bring back the bicycle, then the scooter, then the Smart and
finally the horse for outings in the countryside where an SUV is
totally unnecessary.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 2:48:48 PM4/19/10
I got this Email from a Toyota employee whose name will be held secret
for security purposes:

His Holiness the Tibetan Monkey:

We have all been following your wise comments with great interest. You
may think we are your enemies... but no! We too feel in a cage here,
so you are not alone. Anyway, we can't wait the time to leave the
office at 5 o'clock, let alone the opportunity to work for a company
where the little guy (the "little fish" as you call them) is king. So
we are waiting for the right time to quit and join the revolution.
Sayonara!

Keep us posted!

PS: Can we have scooters? How about Dahon foldables? We are dying to
get out of the Toyota cages and feel the cool breeze in the face.

SMS

Apr 19, 2010, 2:55:36 PM4/19/10
On 19/04/10 11:48 AM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

> PS: Can we have scooters? How about Dahon foldables? We are dying to
> get out of the Toyota cages and feel the cool breeze in the face.

At Interbike 2008, the Dahon booth had a Prius packed with Dahon folding
bicycles. Whoever guessed how many bicycles were inside the Prius won
their choice of bicycle.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 2:57:54 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 2:35 pm, Hachiroku ハチロク <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:52:16 -0500, charlesgrozny wrote:

> > So they ARE bringing back the Trabant? <SEG>
>

> > Charles Grozny
>
> (DON'T tell Tibetan Monkey! Because it has a plastic transverse leaf
> spring in the rear like a Corvette, he'll buy one and get pissed off when
> he can't keep up with Yamaha scooters on the road...)

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/608/0/home.aspx

Yamaha scooters are ugly but good. Good to have fun without getting in
trouble with the police and the vigilantes sitting on the passing
lane.

Do Americans know what a PASSING LANE is?

Forrest Hodge

Apr 19, 2010, 5:18:27 PM4/19/10
The only two cars that list that appeal to me in the least are the 370Z
and E-Class coupe. The majority of the those are tin-can-on-wheels FWD
econoboxes that the Europeans are basically legislated into buying due
to absurd fuel taxation.

Charmin

Apr 19, 2010, 5:40:30 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 10:08 am, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"

Maybe so, but it must be your mom's Lexus or she passed it on to help
you evacuate her basement.
You confirmed the accuracy of my statement. Thanks.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 6:37:10 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 2:18 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 9:30 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:> Look at this list of "car of the year" nominations and count the ones
> > you can find in America...
>
> >http://www.worldcarfans.com/109062320073/2010-european-car-of-the-yea...

> > Perhaps the Citroen Picasso is the most unique.
>
> The only two cars that list that appeal to me in the least are the 370Z
> and E-Class coupe. The majority of the those are tin-can-on-wheels FWD
> econoboxes that the Europeans are basically legislated into buying due
> to absurd fuel taxation.

I'm assuming you are an American, right? Because the Europeans would
think you are driven into ridiculous SUVs by your also ridiculous
gasoline prices.

The country is broke and you can't raise the gasoline taxes, at least
to pay for the last wars?

Forrest Hodge

Apr 19, 2010, 7:25:01 PM4/19/10

I am American. And I do in fact own a "ridiculous" SUV, it has served me
faithfully over the past 13 years and 200k+ miles. It's not my daily
driver, though it once was, these days it's used mainly for *GASP* off
roading, towing and hauling. My daily driver is a modified Mustang GT,
it's not all that more fuel efficient than the Bronco, but it's much
more fun to drive. I also have 1974 Triumph TR6, which is also a blast
to drive, has tons of character, and makes for a fun hobby.

SMS

Apr 19, 2010, 8:38:16 PM4/19/10
On 19/04/10 4:25 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:

> I am American. And I do in fact own a "ridiculous" SUV, it has served me
> faithfully over the past 13 years and 200k+ miles. It's not my daily
> driver, though it once was, these days it's used mainly for *GASP* off
> roading, towing and hauling. My daily driver is a modified Mustang GT,
> it's not all that more fuel efficient than the Bronco, but it's much
> more fun to drive. I also have 1974 Triumph TR6, which is also a blast
> to drive, has tons of character, and makes for a fun hobby.

That's the key thing. There's nothing wrong with an SUV for use
recreationally, but IMVAIO way too many people are using them as their
daily commute vehicle.

I had a 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser. In 16 years I put about 80,000 miles
on it, nearly all of which was trips to the mountains with four or five
people plus all their gear. At 11 city/13 highway it was never intended
to be a daily driver. Now the SUV is a smaller 4Runner, nine years old
now, but again, it's not used much. The problem is that it _would_ be
cheaper to use it as a daily driver than to have a separate vehicle for
commuting (though the SUV would not last as long). The insurance and
licensing need to be paid no matter how much you drive each vehicle.
Since the insurance goes with the vehicle, not with the driver,
insurance companies argue that there should not be much of a discount on
the second vehicle because it could be loaned to someone else.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 10:42:27 PM4/19/10

I guess the less SUVing and the more biking the better, but few, very
few people are that lucky to have a choice. And those who are brave
enough to do it on the road --FOR PRACTICAL PURPOSES-- deserve a
medal.

It sounds like a COMMUNISM in reverse, where they force you drive
instead of ride.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 12:09:38 AM4/20/10
One thing about the shit is that it's like a can of worms. Once you
open it...

On Apr 20, 12:00 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <fred.c.do...@earthlink.not>
wrote:
> On 4/19/2010 8:29 PM, TibetanMarginal,
> the-Marginal-who-is-a-Bag-of-Shit, bullshitted:

> >> They will probably claim that because we don't tax it at the
> >> confiscatory levels of socialist Europe, we subsidize it.
>
> > And they are right
>
> They're wrong.

You seem to lack both expertise and common sense.

I see the WASTE everywhere. Trucks are getting even BIGGER this year.
And gas is not taxed enough to pay for the war.

You support the war and the troops, right? ;)

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 2:52:38 AM4/20/10
On Apr 19, 11:28 pm, "Jim Warman" <mecha...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> While you are riding your bike... consider that you are pissing people off.
> The folks you are pissing of, are the ones that you would want on your side
> at some later date...
>
> as for Toyota? I imagine they don't know you me or any others in this mess
> from Adam... they couldn't give a fuck who you are... and, without any
> friends, they will never give a fuck who you are... (let alone ever know who
> you are).
>
> You have achieved a goal... but I do not think it is the one you desired.
>
> If you ever wanted people on your side, it doesn't appear like you have
> earned any allies in these newsgroups...
>
> Put on your spandex (I imagine you feel you look sexy in that shit) - stick
> that goofy fucking hat on your head and go cruising for babes on your
> tricked out bike.
>
> If Toyota ever looks at any of your drivel, do not expect me to lend you any
> credibility... (there is even the chance that you are already lunch room
> humour at any and all Toyota offices...).
>
> I'm sure your daddy is proud of his little dick turd...
>
> Notice the header has changed.
>
> "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com>
> wrote in messagenews:02ac3f9b-77ba-4544...@n31g2000vbd.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 19, 12:34 pm, "BK" <miatab...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > I think you need to go for a drive.
>
> Thank you. I will do. But riding a bike would be even better.

Making noise and throwing shit has been proven by many years of
evolution, and Toyota may also be subject to that game.

All lions need good PR (arguably corporations act like lions) and this
not what they welcome. Maybe they give a shit about it, and there lies
their weakness.

Neither you nor I are using the crystal ball to know the future, but I
don't think most people here has seen my pranks as more than a wake up
call or maybe a teasing into action. We need change and we need it
fast. No ifs and buts. The revolution is here to put REVERSE HIERARCHY
in place: FIRST PEDESTRIAN, THEN CYCLIST, THEN SCOOTERS, THEN SMALL
CAR AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

Yes, America is missing the train too when it comes to bullet trains.
Wake up to reality and look to Europe and Japan. No more speeches for
today.

Say hi to Toyota people!

SMS

Apr 20, 2010, 10:42:18 AM4/20/10
On 19/04/10 7:42 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

<snip>

> I guess the less SUVing and the more biking the better, but few, very
> few people are that lucky to have a choice. And those who are brave
> enough to do it on the road --FOR PRACTICAL PURPOSES-- deserve a
> medal.
>
> It sounds like a COMMUNISM in reverse, where they force you drive
> instead of ride.

There is some of that. My wife used to ride, but she often has to go out
in the field at short notice and there are no company cars to use so you
have to have your own vehicle. She could ride home and get the car on
those occasions, but it's not something she does. And of course her
staff is forced to drive because they could not bicycle to their field
sites with all their equipment.

I've been on the road to work and gotten a call about an off-site
meeting too far to bicycle to, and that required carrying equipment. I
turned around and rode home and got the car. But I think the instances
of being forced to drive are pretty rare, unless the job involves going
out in the field a lot.

SMS

Apr 20, 2010, 11:57:35 AM4/20/10

Are you joking. If we had to actually pay up front for these wars via
taxes there would be even less public support for them.

Any politician that proposed raising taxes to pay for wars would be
thrown out of office.

Despite the lies of the tea baggers, even Obama cut taxes significantly,
though in this case the cuts did not go to the super-wealthy.

Apr 20, 2010, 12:44:44 PM4/20/10
Why would you EVER want anything that wasn't all-wheel drive?

Apr 20, 2010, 12:45:16 PM4/20/10

"SMS" <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote in message

Not the Prius? Bogus!

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 4:08:54 PM4/20/10

Nobody but a radical can think of one solution where the SUV is at end
and the bicycle at another. I can carry so much weight on my bikes
though that would be impractical on foot. Well, now that the stores
are too close for me to bike, I just got a cart and go on foot... and
the bicycles are gathering rust.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 4:12:13 PM4/20/10

I'd assume you need a Hitler to force the people to fight a war and
pay for it.

People nowadays has gotten too comfortable about the war. ;)

Don Klipstein

Apr 20, 2010, 6:39:58 PM4/20/10
In <fff739f6-1690-424d...@20g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

I like biking too much to let my bike sit and rust. Now that I have a
basket on my personal bike (owner-operator for most of my day job work,
like most of the other delivery bikers at my day job), I would use it to
haul groceries even if the supermarket was only a block away.

I still have a day job where the main duty is delivering by bike, and I
commute to it mostly by bike. If not for that, I would ride the bike for
fun! For one thing, there are parts of Philadelphia that get pretty and
are nice to tour by bike when the trees get colorful in the fall or bloom
in the spring! For example, the "river drives", also parts of University
City when their many cherry trees bloom pink, and then drop "pink snow".

For that matter, I get satisfaction from biking up hills that other
cyclists complain about climbing.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Don Klipstein

Apr 20, 2010, 6:53:21 PM4/20/10
In article <4bcdceeb$0$1594$742e...@news.sonic.net>, SMS wrote:
>On 19/04/10 3:37 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

<SNIP to here to edit for space>

>> I'm assuming you are an American, right? Because the Europeans would
>> think you are driven into ridiculous SUVs by your also ridiculous
>> gasoline prices.
>>
>> The country is broke and you can't raise the gasoline taxes, at least
>> to pay for the last wars?
>
>Are you joking. If we had to actually pay up front for these wars via
>taxes there would be even less public support for them.
>
>Any politician that proposed raising taxes to pay for wars would be
>thrown out of office.

<SNIP after here>

It appears to me that FDR presided over a tax increase that took effect
for 1940, and got re-elected to preside over further tax increases.

Then again, the tax increase was before Pearl Harbor...

http://www.ntu.org/tax-basics/history-of-federal-individual-1.html

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Don Klipstein

Apr 20, 2010, 7:00:43 PM4/20/10
In article <hqklll$j4g$1...@speranza.aioe.org>, h wrote:

>Why would you EVER want anything that wasn't all-wheel drive?

In the case of 4-wheel vehicles with engines:

1: Lower acquisition cost
2: Better fuel economy

Elsewhere:

3: Bikes at least generally don't have all-wheel drive but do well for me
anyway. And portable vehicles don't get trapped when the snow gets bad as
long as I am within walking distance from somewhere to go to or stay.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 8:41:02 PM4/20/10
On Apr 20, 6:39 pm, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:
> In <fff739f6-1690-424d-9412-d161dab5a...@20g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,

You may call Miami a "Banana Republic" but hardly the boondocks, so
quite a few people may relate to what I say. I can challenge anyone
who knows Miami to tell me the routes to follow in Miami, East-West or
South-North. You may blame the Spanish mentality, but Fort Lauderdale
is not any better. In fact Ft. Lauderdale has the nation's record for
pedestrians killed. And there's no connection between Miami & Ft.
Lauderdale for a bike.

Around here the monkeys ride their cheap bikes on sidewalks. It's not
my style nor is lycra suits. I'd love to travel someday before I die
between Miami Beach and Hollywood at least, but wouldn't like to die
because of it. ;)

Petey

May 1, 2010, 12:43:52 AM5/1/10
On Apr 18, 5:19 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 4:05 PM, TibetanMonkey, Originator of the Banana Kung-Fu wrote:
>

> > On Apr 18, 3:34 pm, Conscience<nobama@g v.com>  wrote:

> >> By that "reasoning", chicks would be flocking to those attending Star
> >> Trek conventions, wearing Klingon make-up.
>
> > Do you think Dutch girls who are proud of their bikes will wet their
> > panties when they see an American cowboy in SUV?
>
> > I think it's all a matter of perspective.
>
> I'm not sure why you have such a hard on for dumping on SUV's.
> Apparently you're a bicycle enthusiast, you get hit by anything other
> than another bike or a pedestrian, it's not really going matter what it
> is. Smart will plow over/through at 50 MPH, just as easy as a Tahoe will.- Hide quoted text -

At least you'll do some damage to the SMART car.

Petey

May 1, 2010, 12:47:39 AM5/1/10
On Apr 18, 8:06 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/18/2010 5:24 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

> >> There's nothing keeping them from selling those cars here these days.
> >> Euro NCAP and emissions standards are about the same, and in some cases
> >> more stringent than the saftey/emissions standards here, that's a not a
> >> problem. The problem is that Americans aren't willing to pay $22-25k for
> >> small, slow car.  Look at the new Focus RS. It's a nice car, but if Ford
> >> were to import to the U.S. it would cost 35k USD, not many people are
> >> willing to shell out that kind of money for a Focus, especially when you
> >> can buy a faster and arguably better-looking Mustang GT for less.
>
> > The Focus was a big hit, and changed Toyota dumb cars forever. Now
> > Smart is making them come up with an IQ...
>
> > But it's NOT all about emissions is also about little details like
> > safety beams on doors, which get defeated by SUV's higher bumpers
> > anyway.
>
> > Don't you find it a little strange you can't get European cars other
> > than the official ones, not even if you want to bring one on your own?
>
> No not really because of my three vehicles two were never sold in
> Europe, and one actually is European, though it's marque has given up on
> makingcars, they're back to making motorcycles. The only European cars
> that are currently in production that I find desirable ( re: rear wheel
> drive, and 300+ HP) are sold in the U.S. anyway. If the automakers
> thought they could sell they econobox euro models over here they would,
> and indeed some are on the way, Ford is bringing over the Fiesta, GM is
> bringing over some small Opels and Chrysler is rumored to be bring over
> the Fiat 500.- Hide quoted text -

You can by a SMART car in Canada and I heard Mercedes is thinking of
bringing it's A- and B-class micro minvans to N. America.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

May 1, 2010, 11:01:47 AM5/1/10

You know, in many ways Canada shows to be independent, and yet all
those cars missing from the American market are also missing from the
Canadian market. I'd expect at least that French Canadians would be
driving Peugeots and Renaults.

Something funny there, huh?

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

May 1, 2010, 2:38:13 PM5/1/10
On May 1, 3:41 am, DanP <dan.pe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 May, 04:51, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"
>
> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The amount of carbon dioxide in the air has increased by over one-
> > third over the last 50 years due to the burning of fossil fuels.
> > Increasing the amount of carbon dioxide that dissolves into the water
> > lowers pH and appears to be dissolving the skeletons of corals. Thus,
> > corals may form weaker skeletons, making them more susceptible to
> > damage from storms, waves, etc.
>
> So, what is to be done? Don't say ride a bike, say how much do we need
> to reduce greenhouse gases (CO2, methane and water vapour).
> And when I say we I include all the earth population.
>
> BTW, owning a dog leaves a bigger carbon footprint than driving a SUV.
>
> DanP

You don't have to own a stupid dog either.

Don't bring up words or numbers, we need action... RIDE A BIKE!