!*USA: Death Row: "An Easy Place to Enter ..." by Sahara Rollins

natt...@ix.netcom.com

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
AN EASY PLACE TO ENTER ...
@1999 Sahara Rollins

Perhaps the name Albert F. Sabo is familiar to you. I had heard
of him. He was known as a virtual 'prosecutor in black robes' to
many, but when I was brought before him, I had a feeling of
foreboding. There was a look and a feeling that I couldn't explain,
but felt nonetheless. It is because of his work that I was sent
to this place of death.

This may sound unbelievable, but it is undeniable. How can the
perpetrator of a murder be positively identified to have blood type
"A" (due to a large deposit of blood at the crime scene), while my
blood type is "O", and I be convicted of the crime, of being the
perpetrator? When witnesses were interviewed, at the very scene of
the murder, seven (7!) mug shots were produced, and not one of
them (which were of me) was identified. How can this be?

It is so, and in the context of the ease with which a death sentence
can be sought and rendered, it is not unbelievable. It is indeed
common. In the courtroom of Judge Albert Sabo, it is not only
allowed, but encouraged.

For 13 years, I have been stuck on Pennsylvania's Death Row, an
unwilling resident, and thereby forced to see my three daughters
and son through unbreakable plasti-glass. Their hugs, their smells,
their very touch is a fading memory.

I am a 43-year old man, whose memories are of the laughter of children,
of Japanese/Black parentage, seeking the aid of the good and fairminded
people who want to help a man seeking the assistance of legal redress.

If you are truly interested in human justice, I am interested in hearing
from you. If you have a heart that feels and appreciates life, I am
interested in hearing from you.

This nightmare began in the depths of a hospital, where a loved one lay
seriously injured. There I waited, night after night, a timid and tired
stranger in a sterile, strange environment. Treated coldly by a doctor,
the last chilling link to someone you love, or treated brusquely by
nurses who appear indifferent to the suffering of the one you treasure.
That was the day that led to this.

That said, a fair trial wasn't even an illusion for me in the cold,
marble halls of Philadelphia's City Hall. I look forward to meeting
you, through the printed word, as we share this mystery of life, on the
edge of death.

Unto You Be PEACE ...

Mr. Sahara Rollins (AY-8832)
1040 E. Roy Furman Hwy./LC-#31