graph plotting issues

Seongho Bae

Jun 19, 2014, 11:40:46 PM6/19/14
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com

Dear all.

I have graph plotting issues.

One is about Item Trace lines, the other issue is Item Information Trace Lines

<Figure 1> Item trace lines

1. Why order sequence were numbered 1 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> ... -> 2 -> 20 -> 21 -> ... 3 -> 30 in Figure 1?

Normally, order sequence can be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... , 10, 11?

<Figure 2> Item Information Trace Lines

2. In Figure 2, I cannot know the variable's name. What is Item 1 in variable's name?

Cheers,

Seongho Bae.

Phil Chalmers

Jun 20, 2014, 8:38:55 AM6/20/14
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 11:40 PM, Seongho Bae <seongh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear all.

I have graph plotting issues.

One is about Item Trace lines, the other issue is Item Information Trace Lines

<Figure 1> Item trace lines

1. Why order sequence were numbered 1 -> 10 -> 11 -> 12 -> ... -> 2 -> 20 -> 21 -> ... 3 -> 30 in Figure 1?

Normally, order sequence can be numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... , 10, 11?

This has more to do with how the lattice package creates facets than something going on in mirt, so it might be better to look that up. I imagine changing the item names to something that lattice knows how to order correctly will do the trick prior to estimation.

Alternatively, save the lattice object when you call plot by using something like latticeobj <- plot(model), extract out the data it uses, and build the plot more to your liking. This might be better if you prefer the look of ggplot2 graphics and just want to use the same data that lattice is using.

<Figure 2> Item Information Trace Lines

2. In Figure 2, I cannot know the variable's name. What is Item 1 in variable's name?

This was an old placeholder bug. The item names should have been the same as the colnames in the data. It's patched now, so thanks for letting me know.

Phil

Cheers,

Seongho Bae.