Using fscores on MultipleGroupClass object

Jonathan Lehrfeld

Feb 23, 2017, 11:07:49 AM2/23/17
to mirt-package
Hi Phil,

I know (I think?) that when calling fscores() on a SingleGroupClass object, the estimated thetas returned are in the same order as the subjects from the item response data. But when calling fscores() on a MultipleGroupClass object, can I assume that the returned factor scores are ordered somehow with respect to the groups defined by the model object? If so, would it be in the same order as the groups displayed when calling summary() on the fitted MultipleGroupClass object? For instance, if I have 1,000 students, half of whom are male and half of whom are female, and calling summary(gender_mod) shows results for the male students first and for the female students second, then can I assume that the first 500 factor scores returned with fscores(gender_mod) correspond to the male students and the second half correspond to the female students?

Thanks,
Jon

Phil Chalmers

Feb 23, 2017, 11:30:45 AM2/23/17
to Jonathan Lehrfeld, mirt-package
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM, Jonathan Lehrfeld <jmleh...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Yes, this is what is done in fscores(). They are associated direcelty with the data input, and so are also associated with the group input as well. Conceptually, this is the new df object:

data.frame(data, group, scores=fscores(mod))

Cheers.

Thanks,
Jon