itemtype for mixedmirt

Keith Lau

Jun 24, 2016, 7:56:34 AM6/24/16
to mirt-package
Hi Phil,

Does mixedmirt support created itemtype? Manual seems not mention that. Thanks.

Phil Chalmers

Jun 24, 2016, 11:28:38 AM6/24/16
to Keith Lau, mirt-package
Hey Keith,

No it does not, mostly because it would be too hard to track intercepts. It's possible that latent regression models could be supported in the future though (this might work in mirt(), but I'm not 100% sure), but currently they are not supported in mixedmirt(). Cheers.

Phil

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:56 AM, Keith Lau <genw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Does mixedmirt support created itemtype? Manual seems not mention that. Thanks.

Keith Lau

Jun 25, 2016, 3:04:16 AM6/25/16
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com, genw...@gmail.com
Hi Phil,

How about letting default itemtype being modifiable (e.g.,  adding new parameter to "gpcm" or "nominal") with the default intercepts of items "d" preserved. I would like to do so to estimate the rater effect. So, the mixedmirt() can be used. Thanks!

Phil Chalmers於 2016年6月24日星期五 UTC+8下午11時28分38秒寫道:

Phil Chalmers

Jun 25, 2016, 4:38:31 PM6/25/16
to Keith Lau, mirt-package
Hi Keith,

The rater effect idea for polytomous models is certainly something I'm considering for the future in mixedmirt, but I'm a bit too busy these days to really experiment with it. So it's on the todo list, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Phil

Keith Lau

Jun 26, 2016, 5:05:29 AM6/26/16
to mirt-package, genw...@gmail.com
Hi, Phil. I have experimented rater effect just creating a new parameter "rater" for each item, estimated by mirt(). It is quite straightforward, so mixedmirt() should be capable as well. And thank you for this efforts.

Phil Chalmers於 2016年6月26日星期日 UTC+8上午4時38分31秒寫道: