Re: Change the interval of the outputted abilities in mirt

Phil Chalmers

Dec 12, 2017, 2:53:09 PM12/12/17
to paulo....@miraeducacao.com.br, mirt-package

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM, <paulo....@miraeducacao.com.br> wrote:
I'm using `mirt`and `mirtCAT` libraries to obtain student's trait scores with an unidimensional dichotomic 3 parameters logistic model (in witch the items are already callibrated). How can I change the trait scale interval outputted by `fscores`? More explicitly, given the vector `F1` containing the scores of the `N` test takers, how to enforce that every entry of `F1` is a member of a interval whose extremes are a < b?

I don't follow what you mean. Are you talking about estimating the factor scores in a bounded parameter space, or simply just capping values after the unbounded estimates are obtained? Perhaps the "max_theta" argument is what you want?

I'm using the following code to get the abilities:

    library(mirt)
    library
(mirtCAT)
    test
<- read.csv(test.csv)
    par
<- read.csv(par.csv)
    a1
<- c(par[,1])
<- c(par[,2])
<- c(par[,3])
    par
<- data.frame(a1,d,g)
    mod
<- generate.mirt_object(parameters=par,itemtype='3PL')
    scores
<- fscores(mod,response.pattern=test)

I didn't find it in the documentation, but is quite common in IRT analysis for interpretation reasons.