Can I fit unordered (nominal type) data with mdirt function?

Seongho Bae

Aug 11, 2016, 7:48:09 AM8/11/16
to mirt-package
Hello Phil,

Can I fit unordered (nominal type) data with mdirt function?

I did it in older version, but now I can't sure about I can do that.

Best,
Seongho

Phil Chalmers

Aug 11, 2016, 10:56:57 AM8/11/16
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
The distinction between nominal/ordinal in the last version was not required because discrete models generally aren't classified this way (the imposed scoring coefs had no effect on the model fit/log-likelihood). So items are all technical 'nominal', and just represent the probability that a given class (or combination of classes) answer a given category. See the dev version for other kinds of discrete models with mdirt (e.g., DINO/DINA, multidimensional latent classes, etc), which also has better support for things like M2, itemfit, fscores, and so on.

Phil

Seongho Bae

Aug 11, 2016, 1:14:13 PM8/11/16
to Phil Chalmers, mirt-package