time consumming

Balal Ezanloo

May 12, 2017, 2:55:05 PM5/12/17
to mirt-package
Hi Phil

I have 200 items with 2658 subjects. i run an two dimensional exploratory factors by mirt function. the computation is very time consuming. i need a way to reduce the time for computation, especial information matrix. any help.

Also how can i plot test information in 2 dimensional factors. the error is

> plot(tinfo,Theta, type = 'l')
Error in xy.coords(x, y, xlabel, ylabel, log) :
  'x' and 'y' lengths differ

Phil Chalmers

May 12, 2017, 3:01:40 PM5/12/17
to Balal Ezanloo, mirt-package
What is type = 'l'?

Phil Chalmers

May 12, 2017, 3:06:18 PM5/12/17
to Balal Ezanloo, mirt-package

What is type = 'l'?

What I mean by that is that this doesn't seem to be a plotting function written in mirt. So, I have no idea what you are trying to do without providing something reproducible. Perhaps posting such questions on stackoverflow would be more helpful as it's not really related to the package.

Balal Ezanloo

May 13, 2017, 12:39:56 AM5/13/17
to mirt-package, b.ez...@gmail.com
Hello

my second question  is related to plot-method in page 117 of mirt manual.

please note to my first question also. I have 200 items with 2658 subjects. i run an two dimensional exploratory factors by mirt function. the computation is very time consuming. i need a way to reduce the time for computation, especially computation of information matrix. any help?

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:36:18 PM UTC+4:30, Phil Chalmers wrote:

What is type = 'l'?

What I mean by that is that this doesn't seem to be a plotting function written in mirt. So, I have no idea what you are trying to do without providing something reproducible. Perhaps posting such questions on stackoverflow would be more helpful as it's not really related to the package.

Phil Chalmers

May 13, 2017, 1:47:00 PM5/13/17

There's nothing like this on page 117. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mirt/mirt.pdf

please note to my first question also. I have 200 items with 2658 subjects. i run an two dimensional exploratory factors by mirt function. the computation is very time consuming. i need a way to reduce the time for computation, especially computation of information matrix. any help?

Why? If it converges then you should be fine in such a low dimensional model. Otherwise, try different methods, such as the MH-RM to see if that's any faster.

The information matrix should be rather fast relative to convergence to both methods (though for EFA models I'm not sure why you'd even want it. You need to rotate the parameters post-convergence, and the SEs no longer apply without applying a delta method...which mirt doesn't implicitly support, nor will it).

Phil