problem with standardized residuals

Makrem Ben Youssef

May 5, 2015, 5:53:38 AM5/5/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com

Hi Phil

I follow your instruction to check for standardized residuals to enhance RMSEA, but the most majority of residuals displayed 'NA', I'm not sure about what does this mean!?

Thank you for your support
Makrem

Phil Chalmers

May 5, 2015, 9:44:33 AM5/5/15
to Makrem Ben Youssef, mirt-package
The upper triangle of the residual correlation matrix is filled with NA's because they are redundant (you only need the lower triangle). Using things like View(M2(mod, residmat=TRUE)), or if you prefer something better rounded, View(round(M2(mod, residmat=TRUE), 3)). Cheers.

Phil