What happened to mvdisc and mvint_1?

Elia Emmers

Aug 11, 2016, 2:43:00 PM8/11/16
to mirt-package
Hello! My name is Elia and I am somewhat new to IRT and the mirt package. Thanks Phil for all your work! This is a great package!

Question. The Journal of Statistical Software for this package mentions in example 4.2 that one can obtain a "multivariate discrimination" and "multivariate intercept" MVDISC and MVINT_{k} parameter estimates just by using the coef() function.

However, when I fit my data to a 5-factor graded response (Samejima, 1969) model, they don't show. Are these estimates only defined for binary data? Or only for 2-dimensional models? Or only available for a certain type of estimator?

My sample is more than 5000, it has no missing data and it's 3-category Likert-type response.

I'm only fitting the function mirt(MY DATA, model=5, method = "MHRM") and no warnings or anything come up.

Thank-you!

Elia.

Phil Chalmers

Aug 11, 2016, 3:54:18 PM8/11/16
to Elia Emmers, mirt-package
Hi Elia,

See the MDISC and MDIFF functions in the package. These summary statistics have since been removed from the coef()/summary() functions to allow for more flexibility. Cheers.

Phil

Elia Emmers

Aug 16, 2016, 2:25:23 PM8/16/16
to mirt-package, eliae...@gmail.com