Hot to set a constraint on the guessing parameter

Balazs Klein

Sep 20, 2017, 4:23:00 AM9/20/17
to mirt-package
Hi,
how can I set the constraint of the guessing parameter of a 3PL model to be the same for all items?
I only know now how to set the guessing parameter of all items to be some value.
fit <- mirt(select_data, 1, itemtype ='3PL', guess = 0.1)
Now I would like the algorithm to come up with that value instead.

Thanks.
Balázs

Phil Chalmers

Sep 20, 2017, 7:04:52 AM9/20/17
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com, balazs...@gmail.com
Hello!

I think I am doing something wrong here. But how do I constraint the guessing to be the same for all items?

library(mirt)
dat <- expand.table(LSAT7)
mod <- mirt(dat, 1,itemtype ='3PL', guess = 0.3, verbose=FALSE)
coef(mod, IRTpar=T, simplify=TRUE)

$items
                 a      b          g   u
Item.1 1.007 -1.852 0.001 1