Problem in using mirtCAT() function

Irshad Mujawar

Apr 17, 2015, 6:05:41 AM4/17/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello Phil,

I am trying to use mirtCAT() by setting df = NULL, as I want to use it as offline without shiny questions. ( I am using dev version of mirtCAT i.e. 0.4.7 and and 1.9 of mirt package).

mod <- mirt(Science, 1)

CATdesign <- mirtCAT(df=NULL, mod, criteria = 'MI', design_elements = TRUE, local_pattern = c(1,1,1,1))

findNextItem
(CATdesign)
[1] 1
Warning message:
In is.na(person$responses) :

is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'

CATdesign <- updateDesign(CATdesign, items = 1, responses = 1, Theta = 0.5)
Error in x$person$items_answered[pick:(length(responses) + pick - 1L)] <- as.integer(items) :
  negative length vectors are
not allowed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In is.na(x$person$items_answered) :

is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'NULL'
2: In min(which(is.na(x$person$items_answered))) :

no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf

I am getting above error. Can you please help me out with this? Where am I going wrong?

Thanking you in advance,

Irshad.

Phil Chalmers

Apr 17, 2015, 10:41:26 AM4/17/15
to Irshad Mujawar, mirt-package
Hi Irshad,

Good catch, this was a bug introduced after rearranging some code for more portable user interfaces. It's been patched.

Phil

Irshad Mujawar

Apr 20, 2015, 7:26:05 AM4/20/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com, irshadmuj...@gmail.com
Thank you very much Phil. It is working fine now.