Looking for MIRT example of analysis of Mixed-Format tests

Jim Chen

Nov 12, 2015, 11:50:19 AM11/12/15
to mirt-package
I am new to MIRT. I went through few documents and help files and could not find an example of analysis of mixed-format tests using MIRT. Can someone help or shed lights on this? I am familiar with logistic regression and is tempted to using logistic regression for mixed-format test. Anyone has example or sample code of such approach?

Jim Chen

Nov 12, 2015, 1:01:38 PM11/12/15
to mirt-package

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 11:50:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Chen wrote:
I am new to MIRT. I went through few documents and help files and could not find an example of analysis of mixed-format tests using MIRT. Can someone help or shed lights on this? I am familiar with logistic regression and is tempted to using logistic regression for mixed-format test. Anyone has example or sample code of such approach?

To fix the idea, I used the following two lines, the data object contains 8 items, the first four items are binary, the last four items are assumed to be partial credit. I don't know if the model fitting syntax is correct assuming uni-dimension.

  data <- cbind(key2binary(SAT12[1:4], key = c(1, 4, 5, 2)),SAT12[5:8])
  mod <- mirt(data,model=1,itemtype="gpcm")

Thanks

Jim Chen

Nov 12, 2015, 2:32:50 PM11/12/15
to mirt-package

On Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 11:50:19 AM UTC-5, Jim Chen wrote:
I am new to MIRT. I went through few documents and help files and could not find an example of analysis of mixed-format tests using MIRT. Can someone help or shed lights on this? I am familiar with logistic regression and is tempted to using logistic regression for mixed-format test. Anyone has example or sample code of such approach?

mod <- mirt(data,model=1,itemtype="gpcm")

the results of coef(mod) show that MIRT treat grades in column 5 to 8 separately with different estimation of d1, d2, ..., d5. instead of just one parameter d1. I am new to IRT model, here I assume that partial credit, for example 4 out of 5, means the probability of success is 0.8.

Anyone can shed some lights on this? Thanks

Phil Chalmers

Nov 12, 2015, 2:43:51 PM11/12/15
to Jim Chen, mirt-package
Jim,

You're starting to spam everyone with these repeated/quickly sent emails. Please organize your thoughts and questions a little better next time into a single message, and perhaps provide a reproducible example for other to follow.

This is incorrect thinking indeed, and at that I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. I'd recommend looking over the lecture notes on the wiki and perhaps reading over a book/article about IRT before going any further.

"[P]ractice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may be cast." -- da Vinci

Cheers.

Phil

Anyone can shed some lights on this? Thanks