M2 after longitudinal irt

Makrem Ben Youssef

May 17, 2015, 2:11:15 PM5/17/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com

hi phil

I tried harder to understant the constraints you put on your longitudinal irt example and finally obtain the results but the problem is that when I compute the M2 for each year separately the RMSEA is excellent (below the restrictive cut-off of 0.05) but when I use the panel irt technique the RMSEA is really bad!
 Can I rely on the separate-time-points results or should I report the longitudinal results?
Thanks for your support
Makrem

Phil Chalmers

May 18, 2015, 1:00:34 PM5/18/15
to Makrem Ben Youssef, mirt-package
It's difficult to say really, because both pieces of information are useful. Larger models tend to fit worse than smaller models because more can go wrong, so having a larger RMSEA isn't necessarily bad (the 0.05 is only for continuous SEMs, so I would not use it as a the same cutoff here because nothing like that has been established).

Phil