90% Confidence Interval of RMSEA.M2 statistic

Seongho Bae

Jun 20, 2014, 12:02:21 AM6/20/14
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
Dear all.

I want to get 90% Confidence Interval of RMSEA.M2 Statistic when calculates M2 statistic.

How can I calculate that?

Cheers,
Seongho Bae.

Phil Chalmers

Jun 20, 2014, 8:45:16 AM6/20/14
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
Hi Seongho,

I'm not really sure how to calculate this. It should have a similar approach to the standard RMSEA CIs, which I believe requires a bit of line searching, but I'm not completely certain. Either way, I don't know of a quick way off hand with the package that doesn't require using a non-parametric bootstrap. I'll look into this sometime though. Cheers.

Phil

Phil Chalmers

Jun 20, 2014, 10:05:05 AM6/20/14
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
Adding the CI's seemed easy enough, and now prints automatically when calling M2() in the latest dev. By default this prints the 90% interval, but this can be overwritten by passing something other than CI = 0.90; Cheers.

Phil

Seongho Bae

Jun 20, 2014, 11:27:43 AM6/20/14
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com, seongh...@gmail.com
I was checked changes. Thanks so much! I like it! :)

Anyway, I think need to change what "RMSEA_05" to "RMSEA_Lower", and "RMSEA_95" to "RMSEA_Upper". Because, RMSEA Confidence Interval can change the other value, and RMSEA default CI is 90% :)

Seongho Bae

2014년 6월 20일 금요일 오후 11시 5분 5초 UTC+9, Phil Chalmers 님의 말:

Phil Chalmers

Jun 20, 2014, 2:41:09 PM6/20/14
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
The labels of RMSEA_# change automatically, depending on the confidence interval, if that's what you mean. Try changing the CI input to something other than .9.

Phil