Extra parameter

Keith Lau

May 14, 2016, 12:14:37 AM5/14/16
to mirt-package
Hi Phil,

Could I introduce an extra parameter that does not belong to item parameters and population parameters but used for parameter constraints? I mean, like Mplus, allowing an extra parameter in model constraint:

(Mplus syntax)

MODEL CONSTRAINT:
NEW(z);  # an extra parameter
...            # doing some parameter constraints with item parameters or population parameters

Of course, the "z" parameter is estimated. I wonder if it is possible by using alabama.

Thanks!

Phil Chalmers

May 14, 2016, 7:41:49 PM5/14/16
to Keith Lau, mirt-package
Not sure I completely understand what you mean. What does this extra parameter do/what are you trying to use it for?

Phil

Keith Lau

May 15, 2016, 11:54:21 PM5/15/16
to mirt-package, genw...@gmail.com
Hi Phil,

Estimate correlation coefficient, but indirectly by using the z parameter (-∞< z < ∞) via Fisher transformation. So, the z parameter is an extra parameter.

Phil Chalmers於 2016年5月15日星期日 UTC+8上午7時41分49秒寫道:

Phil Chalmers