How can I interpret RE (relative efficiency) in multigroup analysis?

Danilo Assis Pereira

Mar 3, 2015, 9:12:05 AM3/3/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
I have two groups with different latent abilities (N > 5,000 for each group). I found this kind of relation between them (using EAPsum), but I have some doubts about how to interpret these results... The test is less informative do red group than blue group in theta > 0? Could someone help me, please?

Thanks a lot,

Danilo A Pereira
Brazil

Phil Chalmers

Mar 3, 2015, 10:59:23 AM3/3/15
to Danilo Assis Pereira, mirt-package
The RE plot is a relative efficiency, so it's the ratio between the two test information tracelines (use plot(mod, type = 'info') to see both curves). So in this plot, there is much more information about the second group in the lower ability range (up to 1.4x as much is seems), and more info for the first group in the higher ability range. Be wary though, you should only interpret this plot if the groups have been anchored and equated, otherwise this could be capturing the wrong information. Cheers.

Phil

Danilo Assis Pereira

Mar 3, 2015, 11:45:14 AM3/3/15
to mirt-package
Thank you very much for the information. It was very helpful...

Danilo

Danilo Assis Pereira, Ph.D.
Psychometrician and Neuropsychologist
IBNeuro - Brazilian Institute of Neuropsychology and Cognitive Sciences