Is ability obtained by fscores function normalized?

Irshad Mujawar

Sep 22, 2015, 11:46:11 PM9/22/15
to mirt-package
Hello Phil,

I hope you are doing great. The ability which I am getting from the fscores function is normalized with mean 0 and standard deviation 1?

I am asking because I need to transform the test results in the scale 200 to 800 just like SAT.

so do I need normalize my ability or is it already normalized?

Thanking you,
Irshad

Phil Chalmers

Sep 23, 2015, 10:54:06 AM9/23/15
to Irshad Mujawar, mirt-package
No the scores are not normalized first, so you'll have to do that manually. Probably just a pass to scale() would do it, something like scale(Theta) * 100 + 500.

Phil