1PL model for Comp. and Partial Comp.

Levent Yakar

May 9, 2016, 12:15:06 PM5/9/16
to mirt-package
Hi Phil,

Can we estimate with 1PL for comp. and  partial comp. models? There is Rasch option for comp. model but my a index not equal 1. What do you suggest?

Best,
Levent.

Phil Chalmers

May 10, 2016, 6:29:43 AM5/10/16
to Levent Yakar, mirt-package
Rasch models can be achieved either by fixing all the slopes to a constant (1) and freely estimating the latent mean or by constraining all the slope parameters to be equal and fixing the latent means to a constant (1). So I would do the latter using the mirt.model syntax CONSTRAIN argument (set the compensatory items as 2PL's).

Phil