Can I run the multilevel bifactor model without the mirt.model() function?

Seongho Bae

Mar 9, 2017, 12:59:55 AM3/9/17
to mirt-package
Hi, Phil.

I want to run the multilevel bifactor model without the mirt.model() function. Because sometimes I felt bfactor() function style item location specification is more convenient for me. Do you have any idea for the shortcut to run multilevel bifactor model even make a detour? If you do not have any ideas, May I make a new syntax parser linking among the bfactor style model specification to the mirt.model() style parser?

Best regards,
Seongho Bae

Seongho Bae

Mar 9, 2017, 1:04:40 AM3/9/17
to mirt-package
Ah, I found hidden function what called bfactor2mod. If I use it, Can I reach my job?

Seongho

2017년 3월 9일 목요일 오후 2시 59분 55초 UTC+9, Seongho Bae 님의 말:

Phil Chalmers

Mar 10, 2017, 3:03:46 PM3/10/17
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
It sounds like it, though I think there is a hidden attribute in the model 'bfactor' that you may want to set to NULL first. But generally I don't think it's harmful if you're using the MH-RM algorithm (should only kick in when method = 'EM').

Phil