incresing iteration

Seongho Bae

Jan 26, 2014, 9:31:16 PM1/26/14
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
Dear all.

I want to incresing iteration numbers.

In mirt, maximum iteration number is 500.

But, I want to increase that.

How can I do?

--
Seongho.

Phil Chalmers

Jan 26, 2014, 9:33:13 PM1/26/14
to Seongho Bae, mirt-package
It's in the technical list input, called NCYCLES. This will do it:

```
mod <- mirt(Science, 1, technical = list(NCYCLES = 2000))
```

Phil

Simone Del Sarto

Sep 5, 2017, 6:35:33 AM9/5/17
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com, seongh...@gmail.com
Dear all,
I am getting back in touch about the issue of increasing the number of iteration of EM algorithm.

I did exactly what Phil suggested (hence, to increase NCYCLES), however the algorithm ends after 500 iterations and obviously does not converge, even if it is close to. Here is my code:

out_mirt2 <- mirt(datic, model=2, itemtype="2PL", techical=list(NCYCLES=10000))
Iteration: 500, Log-Lik: -674085.105, Max-Change: 0.00023EM cycles terminated after 500 iterations.

Any comments? I also tried to change method (e.g., QMCEM), but the procedure ends after 500 steps.
Thanks a lot!

Phil Chalmers