use of 'degree' argument to obtain test information

tanya longabach

Mar 23, 2015, 9:02:05 AM3/23/15
to mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
Dear Phil,

could you please provide an example of how to use the argument 'degree' to obtain test information for a test with 5 domains? In the package, this argument is only described, but no example is given that I could find of how to actually use it. For one thing, it looks like I can either specify degrees adding up to 90, or just say 'use_degrees=FALSE'. I tried both, and I think I am constructing the argument incorrectly, because I get various error messages. When I specify degrees, do I just list 5 degrees in a row that add up to 90, such as 'degree=10, 30, 20, 10, 20'? Thanks!

Matthew Sigal

Mar 23, 2015, 9:34:02 AM3/23/15
to tanya longabach, mirt-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tonya,

You are on the right track - degrees should be specified as a vector that sums to 90, so using your numbers, you would input: degrees = c(10,30,20,10,20)

Hope that helps,

Matt