Any meetups planned? Want to meet Riichi players

32 visningar

William Adams

oläst,
26 okt. 2015 02:31:332015-10-26
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hi, all,

Just wondering if any meetups are planned for the near future.  How was the last one?
I was out of town when it was scheduled, otherwise I absolutely would have attended.

It would be great to meet other players, specifically Riichi players.
Very interested in starting a weekly group of some kind.

I've got an auto table but would prefer to meet people before inviting them to my apartment, a meet up would be a great opportunity.
- William

Chris Schumann

oläst,
26 okt. 2015 12:03:162015-10-26
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hi William,

I post a notice here as soon as I have a space reserved. There is nothing in the works just yet.
Since the holiday season is coming up, it will be more difficult for me to get time for a session.

I'm more than happy to support anyone who wants to make one happen however I can.

I wonder if there's enough interest around holiday time, too.

Are others up for another session?

Chris

James Davie

oläst,
26 okt. 2015 18:08:112015-10-26
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
I am definitely interested in another meet up and would enjoy the chance to play some Riichi.  I have been hoping to find some other local players.

William Adams

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 12:37:022015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
If a public event isn't doable for the moment, maybe a handful of us could just meet up somewhere for a few games?  I can provide a junk mat, tenbou, and a 25mm set.  The only issue is I don't know where we could play.  The Source and The Mead Hall both allow public gaming but, unless they have tables I haven't seen, the long rectangular ones they usually have out won't work for Mahjong.

Anyone interested?  If so, any suggestions for location?

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 5:08 PM, James Davie <afters...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am definitely interested in another meet up and would enjoy the chance to play some Riichi.  I have been hoping to find some other local players.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 13:10:582015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

I would be up to play some Riichi. The Fantasy Flight Game Center in Roseville has space. I have a full table that I built so we wouldn't need to worry about table size and shape.

William Adams

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 14:15:582015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good!
I'm sure I can get a fourth player from our game group to come with me, so all that remains is to figure out a good time.  I'm available anytime, and my friend from our group is usually available any day after 4pm or so, but is often available all day as well.  So I'll defer to other people's availability.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 14:20:102015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

My weekdays are very busy. I would prefer weekends. Though this weekend i have prior plans

William Adams

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 17:59:532015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
The 7th or 8th of November would very likely work for us.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 18:17:012015-10-28
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

The 7th works for me. Who else is in?

James Davie

oläst,
28 okt. 2015 18:55:212015-10-28
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
I can make it on the 7th.

William Adams

oläst,
29 okt. 2015 00:54:262015-10-29
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.  I'll find out our fourth player's schedule and let you know what time we can make it there.  Shouldn't be later than 4pm or so if they work that day.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:55 PM, James Davie <afters...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can make it on the 7th.

--

William Adams

oläst,
29 okt. 2015 13:37:342015-10-29
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Joe works a little later than usual on the 7th, would 6pm be OK for everyone?  It's a bit late, but enough time for a couple hanchan if we play renchan nashi.
If that doesn't work we can figure out another day.  Otherwise, see y'all then!

Nikki Valens

oläst,
29 okt. 2015 13:44:152015-10-29
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

Fine by me

James Davie

oläst,
29 okt. 2015 18:51:242015-10-29
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
That will be OK.  Looking forward to it.

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:54 PM, William Adams <fafnir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds good.  I'll find out our fourth player's schedule and let you know what time we can make it there.  Shouldn't be later than 4pm or so if they work that day.
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:55 PM, James Davie <afters...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can make it on the 7th.

William Adams

oläst,
30 okt. 2015 03:42:332015-10-30
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Great!

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:51 PM, James Davie <afters...@gmail.com> wrote:
That will be OK.  Looking forward to it.

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 12:37:34 PM UTC-5, William Adams wrote:
Looks like Joe works a little later than usual on the 7th, would 6pm be OK for everyone?  It's a bit late, but enough time for a couple hanchan if we play renchan nashi.
If that doesn't work we can figure out another day.  Otherwise, see y'all then!
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 11:54 PM, William Adams <fafnir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds good.  I'll find out our fourth player's schedule and let you know what time we can make it there.  Shouldn't be later than 4pm or so if they work that day.
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:55 PM, James Davie <afters...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can make it on the 7th.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 11:15:102015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

So I did not realize that Worlds is this weekend at the game center. That means there will not be space to play Mahjong there.

Do we want to try another day or anyone else have a good spot?

William Adams

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 14:45:102015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Source Comics is nearby, but there could be a lot of spill over from Worlds, and their space is a limited.

I'm trying to think of a coffee shop with suitable tables that could work, but nothing's coming to mind!

My apartment complex has a community room we could use.  I'd just need to check to make sure there's no events tomorrow.  Street parking can be annoying (I live in Loring Park), but it's usually OK on Saturdays.  We would need to use your table, the tables they have aren't suitable.  I'm assuming it's a folding table, relatively easy to transport?

If we do manage to meet up and it seems like a good group, I'd be happy to simply host games at my apartment after that.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 14:48:122015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

I keep my table and tiles in the trunk of my car. I like to be prepared to play mahjong anywhere anytime.

William Adams

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 15:15:242015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Legit!

Looks like the community room here will work out just fine. The apartment complex is Oak Grove Towers, it's on 215 Oak Grove Street. Six o'clock still good for y'all?

Nikki Valens

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 15:16:482015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

Sure.

James Davie

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 20:09:342015-11-06
till Minnesota Mahjong Club
No Problem.
Legit!

Great!

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/minnesota-mahjong-club.

William Adams

oläst,
6 nov. 2015 20:20:112015-11-06
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
The lobby doors are locked so I'll wait there and let everyone in.  I have a beard and I'll have on a white button up shirt, and I'll be carrying a mahjong set ofc.
If you want my cell email me at fafnir.music@gmail. see you tomorrow

Legit!

Great!

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/minnesota-mahjong-club.

Nikki Valens

oläst,
7 nov. 2015 19:39:272015-11-07
till minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to bail I just can't do this driving in Minneapolis is hard I almost caused multiple accidents I'm going home sorry again

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra
0 nya meddelanden