Still playing?

Yefeng Wang

Sep 1, 2015, 11:44:47 AM9/1/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club

Is this group still active?

I got an automatic mahjong table for riichi mahjong and am hoping to find some players.

Nikki Valens

Sep 1, 2015, 11:47:53 AM9/1/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

I haven't heard anything in the group for a while. As far as I remember, myself and someone in Rochester are the only riichi players but I've been getting some coworkers into mahjong lately and I would love to play some riichi.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Yefeng Wang <yefen...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is this group still active?

I got an automatic mahjong table for riichi mahjong and am hoping to find some players.

William Adams

Sep 1, 2015, 12:42:02 PM9/1/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
I just joined yesterday and was wondering the same thing, but hadn't gotten around to posting.  I most often play Chinese classical but know the basic gist of riichi, would be cool to learn more.  I'm in Loring Park in Minneapolis and can get pretty much anywhere the buses/light rail goes.  I have a bit of a busy schedule but would do my best to make some time for a good mahjong session, if only to see an automatic table in action!
Message has been deleted

Jared Johnson

Sep 1, 2015, 9:32:44 PM9/1/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
I only know how to play Riichi :p

Groups been real quiet for awhile.

Chris Schumann

Sep 2, 2015, 1:44:27 PM9/2/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
We're still here, Yefeng. Glad you found us!

I have not organized an event in quite some time, but I'd be happy to help get one going again. The recent activity has put the idea more in my thoughts, but scheduling one might be difficult for a while.

If anyone else wants to organize an event, I'll do what I can to help.

Chris

William Adams

Sep 2, 2015, 1:47:44 PM9/2/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
So Yefeng when can we come over 😁

Nikki Valens

Sep 2, 2015, 1:48:49 PM9/2/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com

Agreed. I'm almost always up for riichi. As long as I do not have prior plans.

William Adams

Sep 2, 2015, 2:27:22 PM9/2/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Same, I'm always up for a game if I'm not busy.  My gaming group is more geared to board games/traditional cards, they're getting sick of me making them play, and they get bored after 4 hands!  I know how to play Riichi as long as I have a some kinda Yaku reference card.  I'm up for going to an event or just getting together with a few ppl at a bar/restaurant/park (I have a junk mat if others don't) or at someone's place.

becky snyder

Sep 2, 2015, 2:37:50 PM9/2/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris -
I no longer live near the area, would you please remove me from the list?

Thanks!

Rebecca Snyder
715.432.3618

Chris Schumann

Sep 2, 2015, 2:48:40 PM9/2/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hi Becky,

I'm happy to do that, but as will most mailing lists, instructions for doing that are at the bottom of very message (for next time you or anyone else who might want to unsubscribe):

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Minnesota Mahjong Club" group.

Best,
Chris

Katherine Kaufer Christoffel

Sep 7, 2015, 10:10:19 AM9/7/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
I am looking for an American mahjong group in MSP. I am a new player, win sometimes, but have a lot to learn. I live in Minneapolis in the North Loop but get around easily. Is there a group that meets regularly?
Kathy

Chris Schumann

Sep 7, 2015, 10:14:23 AM9/7/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hi Katherine,

There is one group playing NMJL rules that I know of in this area. You can find them here:
http://www.meetup.com/The-North-St-Paul-Mah-Jong-Players/

Best,
Chris

Katherine Kaufer Christoffel

Sep 7, 2015, 10:40:01 AM9/7/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
thanks!

James Davie

Sep 15, 2015, 9:10:49 AM9/15/15
to Minnesota Mahjong Club
Hello,

I've just recently learned to play Riichi and would be interested in playing as well.

Message has been deleted

William Adams

Sep 16, 2015, 2:05:34 AM9/16/15
to minnesota-m...@googlegroups.com
Due to sudden changes in my schedule I won't be able to arrange anything myself for the next few weeks, sorry!  I deleted my previous message.