Error At0-D0: Timeout in Command 0xca

Dinsdale

Apr 1, 2015, 1:12:30 AM4/1/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am running 3.3.0 in a Virtual Box VM. I installed clang, git, binutils and then attempted to clone Minix3 from github. The files seem to download fine but when decompressing (I think, the message scrolled away), I started receiving these two errors:

AT0-D0: Timeout on command 0xca
AT0-D0: Timeout on command 0x91

The system isn't technically crashed and I keep getting the errors reported (over and over and over). It responds to my input but doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Dinsdale

Dinsdale

Apr 1, 2015, 1:49:47 AM4/1/15
to min...@googlegroups.com

Ha ha, poked the VM in the eye and then tried it again: it worked without incident. Would still be interested to know what the error means?

Thanks,

Dinsdale

Roc Vallès

Apr 1, 2015, 4:41:53 AM4/1/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Just did a quick Google for my suspicion (hd controller). I believe these codes are for ATA_WRITE_DMA and ATA_INITIALIZE_DEVICE_PARAMETERS respectively.

In short, HD controller (bug on Virtualbox?) died (first timeout). Minix3 tried resetting the hardware (the second timeout) but that didn't work out. Then it kept retrying forever, to no avail.

I might be totally wrong though :)

Roc.

Roberto Abreu

Sep 16, 2016, 9:43:12 AM9/16/16
to minix3
Still happening today ... Any workaround? :)

Roc Vallès

Sep 16, 2016, 9:51:49 AM9/16/16
to minix3
I'd try minix 3.4-rc?.