helping installing mlterm from source

Patrick

Jun 17, 2017, 8:22:39 AM6/17/17
to minix3
Hi Everyone

I use mlterm on Linux. I really love the sixel support. I can have
images in my terminal applications.

When trying to install mlterm:

./configure, make and make install are all working but I get this error:
Shared Object "libX11.so.7" not found

when I try to launch.

We don't have support for shared objects.

I have tried these sorts of options:

./configure --enable-sixel --x-includes=/usr/X11R7/include
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R7/lib --disable-shared --enable-static

I would have thought that this would force configure to use the archive
but it still seems to be linking to the shared object.

My guess right now is that shared objects built on Minix are there due
to compilation necessities but are not functional, is that correct?

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

BTW I have gnu autotools installed. I am finding that I have much more
success with it.

-Patrick

Jean-Baptiste Boric

Jun 17, 2017, 2:09:39 PM6/17/17
to minix3
Hi,

We do have support for shared libraries. What version of MINIX 3 are you using and did you compile it from source? Also, obvious question but do you have X11 installed along with its development libraries/headers?

mlterm is present inside pkgsrc although not available in MINIX 3. You should probably try to build it from inside pkgsrc rather than from source.

Patrick

Jun 18, 2017, 11:34:16 AM6/18/17
to min...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jean-Baptiste !

I am having some repo issues and it might be a while before i have
pkgsrc working. I will report back as soon as I can.

-Patrick