French Canadian keyboard layout

Pierre Métras

Sep 23, 2016, 10:07:50 AM9/23/16
to minix3
Hello,

Here is a driver file for French Canadian keyboard layout (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Quebec_French).

To use it:
1. Add file to Minix sources: /usr/src/minix/minix/drivers/tty/tty/keymaps/french-ca.src
2. In directory:
# make
3. # cp french-ca.map /usr/lib/keymaps
4. # cp french-ca.map /etc/keymap
5. # loadkeys french-ca.map

Before doing steps #3 to 5, try to load it and see if it fits your needs.

--
Pierre Métras
french-ca.src

David van Moolenbroek

Oct 18, 2016, 8:07:56 AM10/18/16
to minix3
Hey,

On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:07:50 PM UTC+2, Pierre Métras wrote:
Here is a driver file for French Canadian keyboard layout (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#Quebec_French).

That's pretty cool. If you could provide the same thing in the form of a patch, with also the appropriate changes to makefiles and distrib files etc (it's easy to grep the source tree for an existing keyboard layout name to see what needs to be done), preferably as a github pull request, we'd be more than happy to merge it..

Regards,
David

Chris Card

Oct 18, 2016, 10:52:21 AM10/18/16
to minix3
I need qwertz swiss french (not swiss german) also