How to connect Minix3 Virtual machine to my windows 7 desktop via Filezilla or Cyberduck or PuTTY?

Lux

Jul 2, 2015, 6:15:07 AM7/2/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
The question sums it up.

I have been tinkering for nearly four days now and now that I have an idea of what i would like to do i have to connect to windows to make things easier but the only ifconfig output i am getting in minix 3 is ip 10.0.2.15 netmask 255.255.255.0

i set 10.0.2.15 as the server
root as the host
my password
and port 22 for SFTP

r0ller

Jul 2, 2015, 6:56:17 AM7/2/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lux,

Ssh should work if that fits the bill -at least ssh from Eclipse RSE does in my case- or if you only want file sharing then vmware shared folders work perfectly.

Regards,
r0ller

Lux

Jul 2, 2015, 8:30:05 AM7/2/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
I dont know what you mean... I cannot get eclipse working. So i cannot use eclipse because i cant get it to install. However the other apps i mentioned have installed and are just having trouble connecting. Any help on getting the vm connected to my desktop would be appreciated

James T. Sprinkle

Jul 2, 2015, 10:44:33 AM7/2/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Try using a bridged network instead of a NAT.

Jim

r0ller

Jul 2, 2015, 3:44:50 PM7/2/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lux,

Well, I've just installed putty on my win7 box and managed to ssh in my minix3.3.0 in vmware -see screenshot attached. I just had to enter the ip address and the port in putty and it worked like a charm. Of course, I have openssh already installed in minix.

Regards,
r0ller

Lux

Jul 3, 2015, 4:53:36 AM7/3/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
i changed to Bridged and did ifconfig -ipaddr and the ip address changed from 10.0.2.15 to a real ip address and it linked right up on cyberduck and filezilla. i havent tried it on putty yet but im pretty sure this new ip will work everytime
i used port 22 aswell

thanks guys.