Minix3 networking on Hyper-V

Ariel Kirsman

Jul 1, 2016, 6:43:33 AM7/1/16
to minix3
Hi all, has anyone managed to make networkking work on Minix3 virtualized in Hyper-V?

Minix installed fine, but when running netconf, I'm not sure which one to choose, and there's no NIC explicitly saying it's virtualized by Hyper-V.

Thanks!

Antoine LECA

Jul 1, 2016, 1:24:35 PM7/1/16
to min...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-07-01 à 10:43Z, Ariel Kirsman wrote:
> Hi all, has anyone managed to make networkking work on Minix3 virtualized
> in Hyper-V?

Yes; although it was years ago, not recent releases.

> Minix installed fine, but when running netconf, I'm not sure which one to
> choose, and there's no NIC explicitly saying it's virtualized by Hyper-V.

Hyper-V (gen1, obviously) exposes a "DEC Tulip" adapter, corresponding
to dec21140A driver in MINIX3; same as Virtual PC, and of course this is
not coincidental.

Perhaps you should check lspci and the various configuration knobs to
verify they are in agreement, particularly about VID:PID.

Googling about the subject also returns many comments about correctly
configuring Hyper-V virtual machines.

Antoine