CD come with book not working

mehul vaidya

May 20, 2015, 7:14:36 AM5/20/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
I have dell laptop. When I try to boot laptop from minix 3.3.0 CD I halt in between and show errrors like controller not ready.
Although I don't  have free disk space and primary partision.But I was able to boot "Linux Mint directly from CD"
I also wonder files on CD show total size just 7 MB even though download iso file on website show size 220 MB.
I think their might be problem with disk.
Please help me I really want to work out MINIX kernel code in my summer vacation.
Plz send me mail on mehulv...@gmail.com
Please help

Damian Duda

May 20, 2015, 4:02:54 PM5/20/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Try boot in VirtualBox first. Maybe ISO image is corrupted.

bFree

May 21, 2015, 12:05:58 AM5/21/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
As @danos said, it might be a good idea to check the .iso integrity, comparing checksum; also you can download the .iso and burn it to a CD-ROM. (you don't need a disk partition to try the live CD).