Help porting dillo-2.2 (graphical web browser) to minix3

Thomas Cort

Jul 23, 2010, 10:05:03 PM7/23/10
to minix3
Greetings,

I've been working on porting dillo ( http://dillo.org ) to minix. With
some hints from previous porting efforts in trunk/bigports, I was able
to get basic browsing to work ( Screenshot: http://tomcort.com/minix/dillo.png
). The remaining part is getting the plugins working. The plugins
connect to dillo through internet sockets on 127.0.0.1 to handle
bookmarks and some other things. I'm kind of stuck on that part and
hope someone can help finish the port. If anyone is interested, I've
written instructions below to get you to the point where I am now.

~ use packman to install the following packages: bash, wget, binutils,
gcc, gcc-libs, X11, sed, patch, make, subversion, libiconv, jpeg,
libpng

~ upgrade to trunk >= r7901 to get inet_ntop()
cd /usr
mv src src.release
mkdir src
chown bin src
svn --username anonymous checkout https://gforge.cs.vu.nl/svn/minix/trunk/src
cd src
make clean && make world
shutdown -R

~ rebuild libc for gcc to get inet_ntop()
cd /usr/src
make clean
make cleandepend
make gnu-includes
make gnu-libraries

~ build fltk2 (r6916 is the suggested/minimum version for dillo-2.2)
cd /usr/bigsrc
wget http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/gnu/easysw/fltk/snapshots/fltk-2.0.x-r6916.tar.bz2
tar jpvxf fltk-2.0.x-r6916.tar.bz2
wget http://tomcort.com/minix/fltk-2.0.x-r6916.patch
cd fltk-2.0.x-r6916
/usr/gnu/bin/patch -p1 < ../fltk-2.0.x-r6916.patch
chmod +x build.minix
./build.minix

~ build dillo
cd /usr/bigsrc
wget http://www.dillo.org/download/dillo-2.2.tar.bz2
tar jpvxf dillo-2.2.tar.bz2
wget http://tomcort.com/minix/dillo-2.2.patch
cd dillo-2.2
/usr/gnu/bin/patch -p1 < ../dillo-2.2.patch
chmod +x build.minix
./build.minix

-Thomas

Erik van der Kouwe

Jul 25, 2010, 2:17:16 AM7/25/10
to minix3
Hi,

> The plugins
> connect to dillo through internet sockets on 127.0.0.1 to handle
> bookmarks and some other things. I'm kind of stuck on that part and
> hope someone can help finish the port. If anyone is interested, I've
> written instructions below to get you to the point where I am now.

Don't listen on address 127.0.0.1. Localhost is a special case rather
than a dedicated adapter on MINIX, which means you cannot listen on
it. Specify INADDR_ANY and verify that incoming connections are all
local (for security).

With kind regards,
Erik

Lux

Jul 3, 2015, 11:18:28 AM7/3/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tom did you ever have any success with dillo? also if you had success; should and could I work on getting flash to work on it?
You mentioned getting flash to work in the minix atlas thread... I searched and found you tried to get dillo to work on minix... Did you ever have any success?

Thomas Cort

Jul 6, 2015, 10:15:56 AM7/6/15
to min...@googlegroups.com

I don't think I got much further than I mentioned in the post. I had the basics working but not the plugin interface, so none of the plugins worked.

A lot has changed since then... dillo3 has been released and there have been several big Minix releases.

As for flash support in Dillo, I can't find much information about it. I only found a patch from 2008 that claims to add gnash support but I never tried it: http://www.dillo.org/test/gnash.cc

TC