Minix 3.2.1: /usr/src/lib/libsffs/Makefile broken [SOLVED]

Spyros Voulgaris

May 25, 2016, 7:23:46 AM5/25/16
to minix3
Hey guys,

The makefile of libsffs (/usr/src/lib/libsffs/Makefile) is broken. You need to add the following line in it, before the definition of SRCS:

CPPFLAGS+= -I${NETBSDSRCDIR}/include

How did I discover it? I've been trying to add a new request to the mfs, therefore I needed to change #define NREQS from 33 to 34 in /usr/src/include/minix/vfsif.h, and add an entry in /usr/src/lib/libsffs/table.c and /usr/src/lib/libvtreefs/table.c accordingly. After that, libsffs wouldn't compile any more, while there was no issue with libvtreefs. I discovered it was including /usr/include/minix/vfsif.h instead of /usr/src/include/minix/vfsif.h, therefore it was assuming that NREQS is 33 instead of 34. Adding the aforementioned line in its makefile resolved the situation.

Cheers,
Spyros