Minix3 source code compilation problem

belvy hadonou

Jan 20, 2017, 6:11:26 AM1/20/17
to minix3

I followed the instructions on the page: http: //wiki.minix3.org/doku.php? Id = developersguide: portingnetbsdstepbystep to modify the minix3 project.
Here is the version of commit I work on: commit 3ac58492b3d3709bad0ae9c60a137f63a90960b7

I modify the source codes to render dmesg under NETBSD functional under Minix. For this I have to modify the contents of makefiles.
Here is the command I used to compile the minix codes: ./releasetools/x86_cdimage.sh
When I run the code compilation of minix here is the error message that I get:

======= 2 extra files in DESTDIR =========
Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
./sbin/dmesg
./usr/man/man8/dmesg.8
========= end of 2 extra files ===========

*** [checkflist] Error code 1

nbmake[2]: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix/distrib/sets
1 error

nbmake[2]: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix/distrib/sets
*** [distribution] Error code 2

nbmake[1]: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix
1 error

nbmake[1]: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix
*** [release] Error code 2

nbmake: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix
1 error

nbmake: stopped in /home/belvy/ProjetEclipse/minix

ERROR: Failed to make release
*** BUILD ABORTED ***
I do not understand someone can help me?

Jacob Adams

Jan 20, 2017, 9:55:47 AM1/20/17
to min...@googlegroups.com

Jacob
On Jan 20, 2017, at 6:02 AM, belvy hadonou <belvy....@gmail.com> wrote:

=======  2 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
./sbin/dmesg
./usr/man/man8/dmesg.8
=========  end of 2 extra files  ===========

*** [checkflist] Error code 1

You will need to add these new files to the appropriate flist.
Look in distrib/sets/list and use the appropriate file (probably base for the binary and man for the manpage)

belvy hadonou

Jan 20, 2017, 4:10:01 PM1/20/17
to minix3
My real problem is the configuration of .mi files
I think it is the config of .mi files that induces error messages when I compile source code. But I do not know at all how to set them up for its walk. I have no idea how the manuals (manpages) work. Thank you for helping me

Jacob Adams

Jan 21, 2017, 11:13:07 PM1/21/17
to min...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I was not very clear.

You will need to add
./sbin/dmesg
Under base-util-root (see the other files listed)

You should  also add
./usr/man/man8/dmesg.8
To man's mi file but I don't know how that file is supposed to work.

Perhaps you could add it to minix-man as the format of that file is clearer and then ask the devs what should be done.
Alternatively, look at netbsd. How do they handle this file? Minix should probably handle it the same way.

Hope this helps,
Jacob

Jacob
On Jan 20, 2017, at 4:10 PM, belvy hadonou <belvy....@gmail.com> wrote:

My real problem is the configuration of .mi files
I think it is the config of  .mi files that induces error messages when I compile source code. But I do not know at all how to set them up for its walk. I have no idea how the manuals (manpages) work. Thank you for helping me

Jean-Baptiste Boric

Jan 22, 2017, 5:27:50 AM1/22/17
to minix3
You will need to add
./sbin/dmesg
Under base-util-root (see the other files listed)

That's correct for NetBSD, but not for MINIX 3.

MINIX 3 set lists are located under distrib/sets/lists and are all prefixed with "minix-", so you should add ./sbin/dmesg to distrib/sets/lists/minix-base/mi.

For the same reasons the man file should be added to distrib/sets/lists/minix-man/mi.

The only exceptions are the tests set and the X11 sets (xbase, xcomp...) which are imported from NetBSD, but you won't need to edit them in this specific case.

Remember to run releasetools/sort_set.pl on the MINIX 3 set files before committing, check the top of the set file for details.

belvy hadonou

Jan 23, 2017, 4:07:41 PM1/23/17
to minix3
Thank you, my problem is solved