How to Start with MINIX 3 - Beginner

JayaPrakashNarayana Naguboina

Apr 1, 2017, 12:33:36 PM4/1/17
to minix3
Hello Everyone,

I am jay nice to meet to you all. I am a beginner in Open source contribution can any help me to get started with this community. What all things I need to learn.

thank you
Jay

Jean-Baptiste Boric

Apr 1, 2017, 1:14:32 PM4/1/17
to minix3
 Hi,

I am jay nice to meet to you all. I am a beginner in Open source contribution can any help me to get started with this community. What all things I need to learn.

The Users and Developers Guide on the wiki (http://wiki.minix3.org/) should have enough information to get you started.

Download the latest ISO development snapshot (which is 3.4.0rc5 as of now) from the downloads page and install it inside a virtual machine. You can then install packages, run X11 or do other UNIX things. Since MINIX 3 has integrated the NetBSD userland, please refer to the NetBSD documentation too for additional information.

If you want to start developing, you can cross-compile MINIX 3 and start coding (instructions are on the wiki). You can also contribute documentation, test pkgsrc packages or just report bugs if you wish.