how hard would it be to integrate minix with...

Lee Malek

Feb 24, 2015, 8:01:43 AM2/24/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
I'm a big fan of qubes os, which runs on Xen, with Fedora 20 in dom0.

Also, sel4 has caught my eye.

So, I am curious what it would take to port the qubes os system to minix but also switch minix to the sel4 kernel.

Could someone give me an estimate in man hours or in $?

This really would be the ultimate security OS.

If I had the programming skills I would go at it alone, but I am very much a noob.

Iestyn Best

Mar 31, 2015, 2:40:39 AM3/31/15
to min...@googlegroups.com, leem...@safe-mail.net
Hi,

I have recently done some research into OS design and come across som interesting projects that are going on:
  • Qubes-OS
  • seL4
  • Genode
  • Barrel-Fish
And they all have interesting things they are researching into and different goals, but I believe they could complement each other.

I would be interested in seeing anything that eventuates from here.

Regards,
Iestyn Best