Which package provides mkfs.vfat?

fogel.l...@gmail.com

May 22, 2015, 10:26:12 PM5/22/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
I am trying to build Minix/ARM, but the creation script complains that "mkfs.vfat" is missing:

# releasetools/arm_sdimage.sh
Sourcing settings from .settings
CONTENT #beaglebone (and black)
CONTENT U_BOOT_BIN_DIR=build/am335x_evm/
CONTENT CONSOLE=tty00
**Skipping image creation: missing tool 'mkfs.vfat'

Please, which package provides mkfs.vfat?
Thank you.

Emmanuel Blot

May 23, 2015, 10:13:29 AM5/23/15
to min...@googlegroups.com
> Please, which package provides mkfs.vfat?
> Thank you.

I guess it depends on the host platform. On Linux, it's usually dostools:
http://daniel-baumann.ch/software/dosfstools/

HTH,
Manu

fogel.l...@gmail.com

May 23, 2015, 11:45:03 AM5/23/15
to min...@googlegroups.com

I guess it depends on the host platform. On Linux, it's usually dostools:
http://daniel-baumann.ch/software/dosfstools/

Hi, Manu.
I am trying to build it on Minix itself, but you made me realize that, maybe, this is not possible, and I must use another SO.
Thank you for the help.
Leonardo