Re: [minix3] CI/CD in Minix?

Sambuc Lionel

Sep 11, 2016, 4:05:26 AM9/11/16
to MINIX3 Google Group
Hi,

We use gerrit (gerrit.minix3.org) and jenkins (jenkins.minix3.org) as part of the development process.

As you can see in Jenkins, we have precommit hooks, which are mandatory and must pass before we can accept the patch.

Then we test nightly for extra configurations. All this is just about building and booting the system. Some nightly hooks contains full runs of the test suite, and allow us to see if some hidden regressions are inserted.

Kind regards,

> On 10 sept. 2016, at 20:00, Cibo D <das....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, folks
>
> I curious to know is there any CI(continuous integration) in Minix3?

Cibo D

Sep 13, 2016, 1:23:39 AM9/13/16
to minix3
Thank you for your answer.

I am working now with OpenStack and it's CI system ---- build entire OS from scratch and running tests on it. It is pretty impressive for me.
I sought that this can be applied to Minix. May be I have to read more about your existing testing system and tests.

I am looking for a good place to start helping Minix community but a little bit lazy to read all docs =)

P.S.
Sorry, I thought it is possible to delete message and retype it again. ^_^