EDE (Equinox Desktop Environment) on minix 3

sevilla.l...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2017, 11:52:39 AM9/13/17
to minix3
I'm new to minix.  I'm trying to install a GUI Desktop in Minix.

Based on available documentation:

I installed latest minix_R3.4.0rc6-d5e4fc0 on a PC (Pentium D, IDE disk.)

executed postinstallation, ie, password, timezone, hostname, ...

and also:

pkgin update
pkgin_sets

pkgin install nano (text editing)

cd /usr
git clone git://git.minix3.org/minix src

cd /usr/src
make build

reboot

Tried to install EDE using pkgin but failed. seems none. found pkgsrc.

cd /usr
make pkgsrc

cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/ede
bmake

got error/conflict with pkg-config and pkgconf

pkgin remove pkg-config
pkgin install pkgconf

bmake        (again)

error:
/usr/pkgsrc/work/x11/ede/work/.buildlink/lib/libefltk.so: undefined reference to 'copy_row'
... '__pthread_usleep'
... '__pthread_read'
... '__pthread_write'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (...)
../makeinclude:58: recipe for target 'ecolorconf' failed
gmake[1]: *** [ecolorconf] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

Stop.

Q1: Did I missed some steps?
Q2: Is EDE running on Minix 3?

r0ller

Sep 14, 2017, 3:38:08 AM9/14/17
to minix3
Hi,

I had some similar problems earlier (at the time of minix3.2.1) building EDE2.0 too but now there's EDE2.1 out as well so you may give that a try. However, here is my discussion with the guys at EDE that tackles (besides many others) similar problems to yours, so it may help:

Best regards,
r0ller