Aide

Modoukpè Solange OLOUDE

May 18, 2017, 10:42:53 AM5/18/17
to minix3
Hi everybody.

My name is Solange. I'm novice in minix.
My goal is to be able to design network drivers under minix,
please how can I achieve this goal ?.

thank you

Jean-Baptiste Boric

May 19, 2017, 3:38:19 AM5/19/17
to minix3
Welcome,

You should probably start by installing the latest ISO release candidate from http://download.minix3.org/iso/snapshot/ (the latest official release is getting rather old) in a virtual machine and experimenting with it a bit. Once you feel comfortable using MINIX, you can try to either cross-compile MINIX or compile MINIX from within MINIX and make some small modifications to see how the build system works. When you have a working development setup, you can start hacking.

You mentioned network drivers. If you want to write new network drivers on physical hardware, make sure you possess at least one network card not currently supported by MINIX.

The wiki at http://wiki.minix3.org/ is the main source of documentation.