Questions regarding installing newly compiled kernel for Minix 3.1 (The Minix Book)

David Yu

Apr 29, 2017, 9:21:51 AM4/29/17
to minix3
Hi,

I am currently reading the Minix book 2.6.2 and using the source come with the CD to compile the kernel.  I run make clean install to create a new boot image.  I noticed after the make command, there is a new image 3.1.0r5 (fifth time I am running the make command) installed in /boot/image/

After rebooting the machine, how can I check whether I am using the new kernel image?  I tried to use uname -a to display the system information, but the command only prints "Minix minix 3 1.0 i686".  The sub-release number does not seem to show up.  Any ideas?

Thanks.