Re: [minix3] ssh files out of MINIX 3.4.0

Sambuc Lionel

Nov 27, 2016, 9:21:33 AM11/27/16
to MINIX3 Google Group
Hi Deonace,

Obviously, this is not a recommended configuration, use at your own risk!

I am assuming login using a password here.

To enable ssh as root you need to do the following:
1. edit /usr/pkg/etc/ssh/sshd_configand change:
#PermitRootLogin prohibit-password
PermitRootLogin yes

2. Restart the sshd daemon with (so that the new config is loaded):
/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/sshd restart

3. Set a password for root:
passwd

Then login for ssh & scp should work.

Kind regards,

Lionel

> On 27 Nov 2016, at 14:24, deonace <russell...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am having some trouble getting files out through ssh on Minix 3.4.0 rc2 as a guest vm through filezilla, I keep getting a preauth error even after I tried editing the sshd config file. I have had no problems with this on Minix 3.3.0 but can't seem to get it to work on 3.4.0. Is there a reason for this?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> deonace

deonace

Nov 27, 2016, 9:49:28 AM11/27/16
to minix3
Hi Lionel,

Thank you for the prompt advice. I have tried doing the above but can't seem to get past authentication. I also have the same issue with the latest version of NetBSD but not on Minix 3.3.0.

Regards,
Deonace