Mineshafter Vs Mineshafter Squared

Jahb

Nov 27, 2012, 12:15:14 PM11/27/12
to mines...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to make a post to point out to Download (the creator of the orignial Mineshafter) where he/she should think about improving, basically both applications do the exact same thing, and that is supply Minecraft for free, but now Mineshafter squared has pop up and many Mineshafter users are migrating there, these are the reasons why.

1. Mineshafter Squared is a .exe so it can be used in other applications (like steam)
2. Mineshafter Squared has a better skin/cape system allowing users to make their own custom skin libraries where they can choose their own skin.
3. Mineshafter Squared Offer A Tekkit Launcher Aswell.
4. Mineshafter Squared Offer A Spout Launcher Aswell.
5. Mineshafter Squared has a WAY better looking website then Mineshafter.

The main reason why a few players were sticking to the original Mineshafter is because  Mineshafter Squared, is beacuse Mineshafter Squared did not have a working skin system, sadly its been fixed, and most player on my server have already migrated to Mineshafter Squared.

Maybe Download should cinsider making changes to match the points above to retain its current user base?

Epicjason

Nov 28, 2012, 12:22:40 AM11/28/12
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Ummm download MADE mineshaftersquared as a backup and to replace mineshafter alltogether
but he kept mineshafter because of the popularity so yeah.....

Jahb

Nov 28, 2012, 7:48:41 AM11/28/12
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Ummm no Download DID NOT MAKE mineshafter squared,

Here is the description of Mineshafter Squared provided by the author
"Mineshafter Squared is based off of an original program written by download13. For a few days download's service kept going down due to bandwidth issues. I decided to solve the problem and reverse engineer Mineshafter to figure out how to build an authentication server.
At the time it seemed like I was circumventing Mineshafter rather than Minecraft since I mostly worked off of the original Mineshafter's client source code. And let me tell you, it is not easy to figure out an authentication protocol when you can only see one side of a three sided conversation. In the end it seemed more like I "shafted" Mineshafter, or Mineshafter Shafter, so the name Mineshafter Squared was born."

Epicjason

Dec 7, 2012, 6:48:23 PM12/7/12
to mines...@googlegroups.com
Well, download inspired it, I saw a forum topic between download and a colleague concerining quotia overloads and he said he would make a backup called "mineshafter squared".

I found it quite a while ago, Ill dig around google for it again and tell you if I found it and give you the link of course.

You could search google something like "mineshafter quota overload" and dig around there....